The CCS Practice Exam will help you improve your chance of CCS success!
The CCS Practice Exam identifies areas of knowledge that require additional study and provides a realistically intense test-taking experience.
- Valuable Practical Experience: Libman Education’s CCS Practice Exam consists of 97 multiple choice questions and 8-9 coding scenarios that have 2 or 3 associated multiple choice, multiple response questions. The Practice Exam covers the four domains addressed by the CCS coding credential exam.
- Immediate results: Detailed and actionable exam results available upon completion of the practice exam.
- Rationales: Results include rationales for any missed questions to identify areas needing additional study.
- Real-life feel: Experience the pressure of a timed test so you will be prepared for the the actual CCS exam.
Add One-on-one Live Instruction to make you CCS Practice Exam experience even more valuable!
- One-on-one live instruction: A private consultation with CCS Exam Authority, Cari A. Greenwood, RHIA, CCS, CPC, CICA
- Detailed Feedback: During the session you will receive detailed feedback on your exam results to identify your areas of strength and determine where you may have weaknesses
- Putting it to Use: The session will include recommendations to make the most of your limited CCS preparation time with guidance specific to your results
- Test-taking Strategies: Proven-to-be-successful test-taking strategies to prepare you more effectively for the real exam
Libman Education is not associated, affiliated, or otherwise connected with AHIMA.
AHIMA’s updating of the CCS Exam lags behind changes to the coding sets. Typically, AHIMA coding credential exams use the current year guidelines and code sets until May 1 of the following year.
Which year CCS Practice Exam will I need? It depends on when you will be sitting for your credential:
- If you are planning to take the exam prior to May 1, 2022, you should study the FY2021 guidelines and codes and prepare with the 2021 CCS Practice Exam.
- If you are planning to take the exam May 1, 2022 or later, you should study the FY2022 guidelines and codes and prepare with the 2022 CCS Practice Exam.
Please refer to the AHIMA website (www.ahima.org) for updates on the exam status and the list of allowable code books for your exam. Refer to the PearsonVue website (https://home.pearsonvue.com/ahima) for the specifics of what you need to know when registering for an exam.
Eligibility to sit for the CCS is set by AHIMA. While not required, one of the following is recommended to sit for the CCS examination:
- Complete courses in all the following topics: anatomy & physiology, pathophysiology, pharmacology, medical terminology, reimbursement methodology, intermediate/advanced ICD diagnostic coding, and procedural coding and medical services (CPT/HCPCS) plus one (1) year of coding experience directly applying codes; OR
- Minimum of two (2) years of related coding experience directly applying codes; OR
- Hold the CCA® credential plus one (1) year of coding experience directly applying codes; OR
- Hold a coding credential from another certifying organization plus one (1) year of coding experience directly applying codes; OR
- Hold a CCS-P®, RHIT®, or RHIA® credential
To enroll in Libman Education’s CCS Practice Exam, candidates should already be proficient in ICD-10-CM, ICD-10-PCS, and CPT coding systems. For learners who require additional instruction in the coding systems, Libman Education offers a complete catalog of online coding courses. Contact [email protected] for recommendations.
The CCS Practice Exam and CCS Practice Exam with One-on-one Live Instruction are designed to increase your likelihood of CCS success!
CCS Practice Exam:
- Consists of 97 multiple choice questions and 8-9 coding scenarios that have 2 or 3 associated multiple choice, multiple response questions
- The Practice Exam covers the four domains addressed by the CCS coding credential exam
- Four hours are allowed for completion
- Must be completed in one sitting and you will have only one attempt
- You will have an opportunity at the end of the assessment to review all the questions as well as your answers and to make any changes prior to submission for grading
- Online access to the CCS Practice Exam from any computer with internet access
- CCS Practice Exam must be completed within four weeks of purchase
CCS Practice Exam with One-on-one Live Instruction:
- Builds on the value of the CCS Practice Exam with additional insight and instruction
- Private discussion of results with CCS Exam Authority, Cari A. Greenwood, RHIA, CCS, CPC, CICA
- Bonus information includes test taking strategies
- One-on-one Live Instruction will be scheduled within five business days of completion of CCS Practice Exam
Special pricing available for groups. Train your entire team!
|How Many In Your Group?
||Group Discount %
||Contact Us for Your Custom Price Quote:
Cari A. Greenwood, RHIA, CCS, CPC, CICA
Cari Greenwood is an Education Specialist with Libman Education responsible for developing courses that engage the adult learner consistent with the demands of coders, auditors, and CDI professionals at organizations nationwide.
With more than 18 years of experience in health information management (HIM), Cari is a well-rounded HIM professional who holds RHIA and CCS credentials from AHIMA, a CPC credential from AAPC, and is an AHIMA-approved ICD-10-CM/PCS Trainer and an HFMA-Certified Inpatient Coding Auditor. Through her 12 plus years as a coding educator, Cari has gathered insight and information derived from her experience working with individual professionals and teams as they pursue advanced HIM training.
Cari’s HIM expertise combined with her passion for teaching is the foundation for her career as an author and presenter specializing in coding and auditing education. As Cari has stated: “The challenge facing anyone working with data and code sets is that it requires regular study to stay current with the evolutions in healthcare and able to accurately and efficiently do the work required of an HIM professional. A strong foundation of core skills and knowledge is the beginning, not the totality of an HIM education, there is always more to learn.”
“The quality of the courses that Libman presents is excellent” — Pamela S., RN, BSN, MSN, CCDS, Director, Clinical Documentation Improvement, Sharp Healthcare
“Thank you! Your company provides outstanding service and we appreciate it!” — Jim Herren, RHIA, CCS, Parkland Health & Hospital System
“I tell everyone about Libman. I find that you have a very wide variety of choices in education that is actually needed and not so many things that aren’t really needed and can be mind boggling just trying to sift through it. Your website is well organized and everything offered is so well laid out and very informative as far as what you are getting, what I need and a very thorough write-up on everything offered. I’m so thrilled to have found your site!” — Sharon T
“I truly thank you Libman Group for your wonderful courses that have contributed to my success.” — Leslie Jay Corn, CCS, CPC, CCA/ER Coding Analyst/Boston Medical Center OR LogixHealth
“I’m pleasantly surprised at your response … really didn’t think I would receive anything at all, so, thank you! I believe that alone says a lot for Libman Education. I would recommend you to other coding professionals.” — Jennifer Jones, CPC
“LOVEEE Libman! Very happy with the classes I’ve taken.” — Linda C.
“I love the courses at Libman Education.” — Joanne S., CCS
“Libman has exceeded my expectations so far in every way, with the content of courses, but the hands on with the instructors is one of the best and most genius things to offer! All other companies I’ve seen in my 12 years in this field do not offer this invaluable service with their education. Answers to questions on education content is something that was desperately needed, but to my knowledge, it was/is not offered anywhere else and this is what sets Libman apart from the rest. Also, your high quality education and very knowledgeable instructors.” — coding student
“Any of Libman Education’s courses are worth time and cost. Always walk away with a useable, clarity or reinforcement of subject matter.”
Which year code books will I need? It depends on when you will be sitting for your credential:
The ICD-10-CM, ICD-10-PCS, and CPT coding systems update at least yearly. The ICD-10 code sets are updated for discharges October 1 of each year. The CPT code set changes are effective January 1 of each year.
AHIMA’s updating of the CCA and CCS Exams lags behind changes to the coding sets. Typically, AHIMA coding credential exams use the current year guidelines and code sets until May 1 of the following year. For example, the CCA and CCS exams will test on FY 2021 codes and guidelines until May 1 of 2022.
* Please note: Candidates for the CCS exam are required to bring the correct edition of code books to the test center. Candidates who do not bring the correct code books to the test center will not be allowed to test and will forfeit their exam fees. The allowable code books are published on the AHIMA website (see “2021 List of Allowable Code Books”) https://www.ahima.org/certification-careers/certifications/ccs/