Libman Education, Inc.
Information That We Collect
As part of providing you the Services, we may obtain: (a) information you provide to us on forms that you enter on the Site or that you provide to us in writing; (b) information that you provide to us by telephone; and (c) information that we receive automatically when you visit the Site (please see the discussion of cookies and Internet Protocols below). Information we may obtain falls into two broad categories: personal information, and non-personal information. “Personal information” is information that can be used to identify or contact you, such as your name, e-mail address, or mailing address. “Non-personal information” is information that does not identify you, and may include, for example, statistical information concerning the web pages on the Site that you most frequently access or Courses for which you register.
We may collect personally identifying information with your specific knowledge and consent. The manner in which we collect personal Information is set out below.
• To obtain certain Materials from our Site, we may ask that you become a registered user. Our registration forms will specify the information that you must provide in order to use the particular feature, and the information that you may, at your option, choose to provide or withhold. When you register at our Site, we will use your email address and your password as your “credentials,” providing you access to associated Services and Materials. When you revisit our Site, these “credentials” will provide this same access to you – or to others you allow to use your credentials. You should refrain from providing others with access to your credentials for the Site, if you would prefer that they not access the “registration only” portions of the Site with your password.
• By becoming a registered user, you are consenting to receive certain email communications from us, including newsletters, special offers, and customer surveys. If you provide us with contact information for a member of your care team, you are consenting on their behalf to have them also receive such communications. Libman Education provides you with the ability to opt-out of receiving such email communications. If you wish to cease future communications, you can opt-out by using the link on the bottom of an email that you receive from Libman Education. Libman Education reserves the right to send you specific administrative notices that are required by law, regulation, or as needed to service your account. You may not opt-out of receiving these administrative emails.
If you participate in any of the Public Areas on the Site, you should be aware that any personally identifiable information you submit there can be read, collected, or used by other users of these forums, and could be used to send you unsolicited messages. We are not responsible for the personal information that you choose to submit in such forums.
We may also collect non-personal information from you, such as demographic information (your age, gender, income, education, profession, etc.). Non-personal information may also include technical information including your browser type, areas of the Site visited, Courses taken, date and time of access, host or Service provided information, and identification of the referring site. When you browse the Site, the choices you make may provide information concerning your interests, and concerning the appeal and efficacy of associated Site features. We treat information concerning you activities at the Site in combination with personal information as personal information as set forth in this Privacy Statement. In isolation, the information is non-personal information. Absent personal information, the demographic and technical information does not identify you, but does provide potentially useful data concerning your preferences and the efficacy and interest of the Site’s features. The manner in which we collect non-personal Information is set out below.
• A so-called “Internet Protocol” (IP) address is associated with your computer’s connection to the Internet. We use your computer’s IP address to maintain contact with you as you navigate through the Site. We also may use your computer’s IP address to provide you with personalized content. Similar to cookies, your computer’s IP address by itself does not identify you personally. In most instances, we treat IP addresses, as non-personal information, as provided below.
Third Party Information Sharing
• In order to provide the Services, we may share any of the information we gather about you with employees, contractors, agents and service providers to perform functions on our behalf, such as to host and administer Courses and send email. In addition, address information may be shared with a service provider to determine geographic information. These service providers may have access to personal information needed to perform their functions, but may not use it for any other purpose.
• In order to provide the Services, we may share any of the information we gather about you through application rosters, grade books, or communication tools that facilitate instructor and student engagement. Instructors and Course administrators have the ability to export grade book information from the Site for the purpose of maintaining educational records;
• In order to provide the Services, we may share any of the information we gather about you where disclosure is requested by the educational institution, school district or system in which you are enrolled, or by applicable state educational authorities, for educational or administrative purposes, such as evaluating student or instructor participation in the Site activities or for evaluation of the Site’s educational efficacy;
• We may disclose personal information about you to third parties when we believe such disclosure is appropriate to comply with a legal requirement, such as a law, regulation, court order, subpoena or search warrant, or in the course of a legal proceeding. We may also disclose personal information as we believe appropriate to enforce or apply our rights under our agreements with customers, to protect the rights, property or safety of Libman Education, our customers and others, including exchanging information for fraud protection and credit risk reduction; or
• If there is a change of control in Libman Education’s business (whether by merger, sale, or otherwise), its customer information could be sold as part of that transaction and your personally identifying information potentially could be used by the purchaser. However, if that business materially changes this statement or the information-handling practices as described in this statement, you will be notified by email and/or through a notice posted on the Site, and you will have a choice as to whether your existing information is used in a new manner.
How We Protect Your Information
Libman Education is committed to earning and keeping your trust and we understand the need to keep your information secure and private. As a result we have implemented industry-recognized safeguards to protect your information.
Please remember that you also play a valuable role in data security. You should never share your Site credentials with anyone. If you feel your password has been compromised, you should change it immediately by logging into your account and visiting the “My Profile” section. After you have finished using the Site, you should log out of your account and exit your browser.
Children’s Personal Information
The Site is not directed at children, and we will not accept or request personal information from individuals we know to be under 13. If we learn that a child under 13 has provided us with personal information, we will delete this information from our databases.
Contact for Privacy Related Issues