This complete and interactive online course explores the language used by medical professionals to accurately describe the human body and associated components, conditions, processes and procedures. Understanding commonly used medical terminology is foundational to medical record coding and other healthcare disciplines.
- Covers the key body systems including
- the Human Body,
- the Skeletal System,
- the Muscular System,
- the Cardiovascular System,
- the Lymphatic and Immune Systems,
- the Respiratory System,
- the Digestive System,
- the Urinary System,
- the Nervous System,
- Special Senses: the Eyes and Ears,
- the Integumentary System, and
- the Reproductive System.
- Medical terminology for body structure and body function
- Medical terminology’s use of word parts such as roots, suffixes, and prefixes to construct meaningful terms
- The symbols used in healthcare documentation
- Abbreviations used by healthcare providers
- The application of this new language in the field of healthcare
Looking for more? The Medical Coding Foundational Skills program consists of four essential courses to prepare you for a career in medical coding: Anatomy and Physiology; Medical Terminology; Pharmacology; and Pathophysiology.
The level of effort to complete this course, start to finish, is equivalent to 16 CEUs and should take you approximately 16-48 hours to complete. Remember: You have access to the course materials for the full 16-week enrollment period and we encourage you to re-review any materials that are helpful to you.
Certificate of Completion
Upon successful completion of the course work, student will be able to download a Libman Education Certificate of Completion. The Certificate of Completion will list the course as awarding 16 CEUs.
• Interactive, online, self-paced instruction
• Ebook integrated into the course and included in the price
• 16 lessons
• Student’s experience will vary but 38-58 hours should be allowed for completion
• 24 x 7 online access, anywhere in the world with Internet access
• Course available for 16 weeks from initial enrollment
• Online, self-paced instruction
• Non-lab course
• Multimedia course delivery incorporating video and audio presentations
• Structured lesson plan which includes Check list, Objectives, Presentation, and Quiz to ensure mastery of material
• Final exam
• Course includes Pronounce, a tool that helps students hear the pronunciation of the course’s words and records how students articulate the words for immediate feedback on whether the pronunciation matches. Can also be used on a smartphone.
• No experience required and no prerequisites!
Special pricing available for groups. Train your entire team!
|How Many In Your Group?
||Group Discount %
||Contact Us for Your Custom Price Quote:
Angela Gerbert, BS, CCS, CDIP, CIC, COC, Approved-Instructor
Angela Gerbert applies a hands-on approach to her role as the Director of Education for Libman Education. Whether overseeing the work of subject matter experts including nationally recognized coding authorities; challenging instructional designers to deliver content in a way that is both engaging and memorable; or tapping her 25 years’ experience in inpatient, outpatient, and emergency room coding to write coder-friendly courses herself, Angela is responsible for ensuring that our training is accurate, easily accessible, and challenging.
Angela enjoys working individually with current students to answer their questions regarding course content and with prospective students to identify the appropriate curriculum to support their career objectives. Angela believes in the transformational power of education to help individuals achieve their personal and career goals and for organizations to achieve operating success.
Angela holds a bachelor’s degree in Healthcare Management and holds Certified Coding Specialist, Certified Documentation Improvement Practitioner from AHIMA as well as the Certified Inpatient Coder, Certified Outpatient Coder, and the Certified Professional Coder Instructor certifications from AAPC.
About Cengage Learning
More than 3 million students have taken courses from Cengage Learning, the education and technology company built for learners. Cengage puts students first and creates learning experiences that build confidence and momentum toward the future students want. Cengage’s flexible tools give students access to content where and when they need it, so that the student can learn in sync with their work and life.
The eBook for this course is included in the tuition. There are no additional books to purchase.
Medical Terminology for Health Professions, 8th Edition by Ann Ehrlich, Carol L. Schroeder, Laura Ehrlich, and Katrina A. Schroeder
Medical Terminology for Health Professions simplifies the process of memorizing complex medical terminology by focusing on the important word parts–common prefixes, suffixes and root words–to provide a foundation for learning hundreds of medical terms. Organized by body system, chapters begin with an overview of the terminology related to the body’s structures and functions, proceed through diseases and disorders, and end with diagnostic procedures and treatments.