This complete and interactive online course explores the language used by medical professionals to accurately describe the human body and associated components, conditions, processes and procedures. Understanding commonly used medical terminology is foundational to medical record coding and other healthcare disciplines.
- Covers the key body systems including
- the Human Body,
- the Skeletal System,
- the Muscular System,
- the Cardiovascular System,
- the Lymphatic and Immune Systems,
- the Respiratory System,
- the Digestive System,
- the Urinary System,
- the Nervous System,
- Special Senses: the Eyes and Ears,
- the Integumentary System, and
- the Reproductive System.
- Medical terminology for body structure and body function
- Medical terminology’s use of word parts such as roots, suffixes, and prefixes to construct meaningful terms
- The symbols used in healthcare documentation
- Abbreviations used by healthcare providers
- The application of this new language in the field of healthcare
Looking for more? The Medical Coding Foundational Skills program consists of four essential courses to prepare you for a career in medical coding: Anatomy and Physiology; Medical Terminology; Pharmacology; and Pathophysiology.