Pharmacology is an increasingly important component of modern medicine and understanding of pharmacology is critical to the work of medical record coders. This complete and interactive online course offers a primer on the principles and basics of pharmacology, introducing students to the principles of clinical application, including basic pharmacokinetics, dosage forms, and drug administration.
Introduction to Pharmacology includes
- Basic pharmacological terminology
- Pharmacology concepts
- Commonly used abbreviations
- Medication administration using the appropriate route and methods for the type of medication
• Interactive, online, self-paced instruction
• Ebook integrated into the course and included in the price
• 27 lessons
• Student’s experience will vary but 71-91 hours should be allowed for completion
• 24 x 7 online access, anywhere in the world with Internet access
• Course available for 16 weeks from initial enrollment
• Online, self-paced instruction
• Interactive lesson presentations
• Audio-to-go podcasts
• Personalized study guides
• User-specific pacing charts
• Engaging lesson presentations
• Quiz to ensure mastery of material
• No experience required and no prerequisites!
Angela Lehoux, BS, CCS, CDIP, CIC, COC, CPC-I
Director, Training and Operations
Angela Lehoux is a coder with 25 years of experience in inpatient, outpatient and emergency room coding; an instructor and education specialist for Libman Education courses; and Director of Education for Libman Education where she is responsible for ensuring that our training is accurate, easily accessible, and challenging. Angela believes in the transformational power of education to help individuals achieve their personal and career goals and for institutions to achieve operating success. She develops and reviews course content and is the teacher for Libman Education’s Medical Coder Career Program (MCCP), courses on ICD-10-CM and ICD-10-PCS, and review courses for the CCA, CCS, CIC, and COC credentials. Angela holds a bachelor’s degree in Healthcare Management.
About Cengage Learning
More than 3 million students have taken courses from Cengage Learning, the education and technology company built for learners. Cengage puts students first and creates learning experiences that build confidence and momentum toward the future students want. Cengage’s flexible tools give students access to content where and when they need it, so that the student can learn in sync with their work and life.
The eBook for this course is included in the tuition. There are no additional books to purchase.
Essentials of Pharmacology for Health Professions, 7th Edition by Ruth Woodrow, Bruce Colbert, and David M. Smith
Essentials of Pharmacology for Health Professions is focused on “need to know” drug information including basic pharmacologic principles (medication preparation, supplies, and specific information on each route of administration) and drugs by classifications, and includes purpose, side effects, cautions, interactions, and contraindications. Reference tables with each classification list the most commonly prescribed drugs according to generic and trade names, with dosage and available forms.