Correct understanding and application of ICD-10-CM guidelines are essential to anyone concerned with accurate, complete, and defensible coding of diagnoses. Great for coders, Clinical Documentation Improvement Specialists, or anyone interested in knowing more about the guidelines that guide diagnosis code selection for outpatient cases.
Libman Education’s ICD-10-CM: Outpatient Guidelines provides detailed instruction on application of conventions and general guidelines as well as selected outpatient guidelines. Features outpatient-related advice from recent issues of Coding Clinic.
Libman Education’s ICD-10-CM: Outpatient Guidelines provides a comprehensive review and explanation of select guideline topics to improve understanding and accuracy in application:
- Review of all the outpatient guidelines (Section IV of the Official ICD-10-CM Guidelines)
- Review of Section I.A Conventions for the ICD-10-CM and Section I.B General Coding Guidelines
- Commentary explaining application of the guidelines and challenges presented
- Selected topics from Coding Clinic to provide further explanation
- Assessment following the lesson to ensure content is being mastered