Libman Education’s ICD-10-CM: Outpatient Guidelines provides detailed instruction on application of conventions and general guidelines as well as selected outpatient guidelines to ensure accurate, complete, and defensible coding of diagnoses. Features outpatient-related advice from recent issues of Coding Clinic.
The level of effort to complete this course, start to finish, is equivalent to 3 CEUs and should take you approximately 3-9 hours to complete. Remember: You have access to the course materials for the full 16-week enrollment period and we encourage you to re-review any materials that are helpful to you.
Certificate of Completion
Upon successful completion of the course work, student will be able to download a Libman Education Certificate of Completion. The Certificate of Completion will list the course as awarding 3 CEUs.
AHIMA: 3 CEUs
This course has been approved for continuing education units (CEUs) for use in fulfilling the continuing education requirements of the American Health Information Management Association (AHIMA). Granting prior approval from AHIMA does not constitute endorsement of the program content or its program sponsor.
AAPC: 3 CEUs
This program has the prior approval of AAPC for continuing education hours. Granting of prior approval in no way constitutes endorsement by AAPC of the program content or the program sponsor.
- WebinarPlus™ multimedia and interactive online course promotes engagement with challenging materials while offering independent self-study.
- Teaching methods including audio and video files, diagrams, and animations to accommodate different learning styles. Where appropriate, the Merck Manual Professional Version supplements course materials with in-depth descriptions of diagnoses and/or procedures.
- Knowledge checks and/or final assessment ensure mastery of material.
- Online Flexibility! Materials available via secure Learning Management System (LMS). Work at your own pace — save time and travel costs.
- Earn Libman Education Certificate of Completion and CEUs.
- To receive CEU credit, students must achieve a passing rate on the course assessment(s).
- Course is self-paced. For planning purposes, assume 1-3 hours required for each CEU.
- Unlimited course access during enrollment period. For courses offering greater than one CEU, enrollment period is 16 weeks. For courses offering one or fewer CEUs, enrollment period is 4 weeks. Courses purchased as a bundle or package may have a longer enrollment period.
- Extensions to the enrollment period are available. Contact Libman Education for pricing.
- Price listed is per person/per course. Group rates available upon request.
Barry Libman, MS, RHIA, CCS
Barry is the founder of Libman Education, a leading provider of training for the health care workforce, as well as Barry Libman Inc., a company that provides coding, audit, and educational services to the HIM departments of healthcare institutions. Prior to forming these organizations, he held a number of positions in the health information management field, working for hospitals, insurers, consulting firms, and regulatory bodies.
Barry is recognized for his in-depth knowledge of coding and reimbursement issues for acute care hospitals. An area of particular interest and expertise is Long Term Acute Care Hospital (LTACH) coding. Barry is often called upon to provide education and training on code updates and coding issues.
“I tell everyone about Libman. I find that you have a very wide variety of choices in education that is actually needed and not so many things that aren’t really needed and can be mind boggling just trying to sift through it. Your website is well organized and everything offered is so well laid out and very informative as far as what you are getting, what I need and a very thorough write-up on everything offered. I’m so thrilled to have found your site!” — Sharon T
“I truly thank you Libman Group for your wonderful courses that have contributed to my success.” — Leslie Jay Corn, CCS, CPC, CCA/ER Coding Analyst/Boston Medical Center OR LogixHealth
“I’m pleasantly surprised at your response … really didn’t think I would receive anything at all, so, thank you! I believe that alone says a lot for Libman Education. I would recommend you to other coding professionals.” — Jennifer Jones, CPC
“Thank you! Your company provides outstanding service and we appreciate it!” — Jim Herren, RHIA, CCS, Parkland Health & Hospital System
“LOVEEE Libman! Very happy with the classes I’ve taken.” — Linda C.
“I love the courses at Libman Education.” — Joanne S., CCS
“Libman has exceeded my expectations so far in every way, with the content of courses, but the hands on with the instructors is one of the best and most genius things to offer! All other companies I’ve seen in my 12 years in this field do not offer this invaluable service with their education. Answers to questions on education content is something that was desperately needed, but to my knowledge, it was/is not offered anywhere else and this is what sets Libman apart from the rest. Also, your high quality education and very knowledgeable instructors.” — coding student
“Any of Libman Education’s courses are worth time and cost. Always walk away with a useable, clarity or reinforcement of subject matter.”
“I greatly appreciate this support and outstanding customer service!” — former student
“I attended the webinar last Thursday. Thank you so much for your time. It was an excellent webinar and very informative.” — Michele Veilleux, RHIT, CCS, CPC, on Barry Libman’s ICD-10 Coding Clinic Update webinar on 9/24/2015 for Wolters Kluwer
“Perfect! Finally an explanation in terminology my non coding manager can understand. I am validated!” — on Barry’s Libman’s Coding Clinic presentation
“Thanks for sharing! This was very informative!” — Jessica M. on Barry Libman’s Coding Clinic presentation
- ICD-10-CM Code Book – 2022
- Medical dictionary
- Anatomy and physiology reference
- Merck Manual
- AHA Coding Clinic for ICD-10-CM and ICD-10-PCS
Train your entire team and Save Big! Discount automatically applied at checkout.
|How Many In Your Group?||Group Discount %|
|21+||Contact Us for Your Custom Price Quote|