Pathophysiology explores the function and symptoms of diseased organs for purposes of diagnosis and patient care. Introduction to Pathophysiology provides a complete and comprehensive study of disease processes:
- Concepts of Human Disease
- Introduction to Human Diseases
- Mechanisms of Disease
- Inflammation and Infection
- Common Diseases and Disorders of Body Systems
- Immune System Diseases and Disorders
- Musculoskeletal System Diseases and Disorders
- Blood and Blood-Forming Organs Diseases and Disorders
- Cardiovascular System Diseases and Disorders
- Respiratory System Diseases and Disorders
- Lymphatic System Diseases and Disorders
- Digestive System Diseases and Disorders
- Liver, Gallbladder, and Pancreatic Diseases and Disorders
- Urinary System Diseases and Disorders
- Endocrine System Diseases and Disorders
- Nervous System Diseases and Disorders
- Eye and Ear Diseases and Disorders
- Reproductive System Diseases and Disorders
- Integumentary System Diseases and Disorders
- Genetic and Developmental, Childhood, and Mental Health Diseases and Disorders
- Genetic and Developmental Diseases and Disorders
- Childhood Diseases and Disorders
- Mental Health Diseases and Disorders
Looking for more? The Medical Coding Foundational Skills program consists of four essential courses to prepare you for a career in medical coding: Anatomy and Physiology; Medical Terminology; Pharmacology; and Pathophysiology.
The level of effort to complete this course, start to finish, is equivalent to 10 CEUs and should take you approximately 10-30 hours to complete. Remember: You have access to the course materials for the full 16-week enrollment period and we encourage you to re-review any materials that are helpful to you.
Certificate of Completion
Upon successful completion of the course work, student will be able to download a Libman Education Certificate of Completion. The Certificate of Completion will list the course as awarding 10 CEUs.
• Interactive, online, self-paced instruction
• Ebook integrated into the course and included in the price
• 21 lessons
• Student’s experience will vary but 74-94 hours should be allowed for completion
• Online access, anywhere in the world with Internet access
• Course available for 16 weeks from initial enrollment
• Online, self-paced instruction
• Non-lab course
• Multimedia course delivery incorporating video and audio presentations
• Structured lesson plan which includes Check list, Objectives, Presentation, and Quiz to ensure mastery of material
• Final exam
• No experience required and no prerequisites!
Special pricing available for groups. Train your entire team!
|How Many In Your Group? ||Group Discount % |
|1-9 ||Retail Price |
|10-24 ||15% Discount |
|25+ ||Contact Us for Your Custom Price Quote: |
Angela Lima, BS, CCS, CDIP, COC, CIC, AAPC-Approved Instructor
Angela Lima applies a hands-on approach to her role as the Director of Education for Libman Education. Whether overseeing the work of subject matter experts including nationally recognized coding authorities; challenging instructional designers to deliver content in a way that is both engaging and memorable; or tapping her 25 years’ experience in inpatient, outpatient, and emergency room coding to write coder-friendly courses herself, Angela is responsible for ensuring that our training is accurate, easily accessible, and challenging.
Angela enjoys working individually with current students to answer their questions regarding course content and with prospective students to identify the appropriate curriculum to support their career objectives. Angela believes in the transformational power of education to help individuals achieve their personal and career goals and for organizations to achieve operating success.
Angela holds a bachelor’s degree in Healthcare Management and holds Certified Coding Specialist, Certified Documentation Improvement Practitioner from AHIMA as well as the Certified Inpatient Coder, Certified Outpatient Coder, and the Certified Professional Coder Instructor certifications from AAPC.
About Cengage Learning
More than 3 million students have taken courses from Cengage Learning, the education and technology company built for learners. Cengage puts students first and creates learning experiences that build confidence and momentum toward the future students want. Cengage’s flexible tools give students access to content where and when they need it, so that the student can learn in sync with their work and life.
The eBook for this course is included in the tuition. There are no additional books to purchase.
Human Disease, 4th edition by Marianne Neighbors and Ruth Tannehill-Jones
Human Diseases delivers basic anatomy and physiology in a reader-friendly manner, then explores the diseases and disorders health care professionals see and treat most. Intuitively organized, chapters present each disease’s description, etiology, symptoms, diagnosis, treatment, and prevention.