Practical Coding Experience: Inpatient Obstetrics provides hands-on coding practice coupled with detailed guidance on correct code assignment. Using Libman Education’s proprietary Coding Workspace™ format, learners sharpen their coding skills on real-world inpatient obstetrical cases varying in complexity from basic to advanced. Coding Workspace™ will make you truly workforce-ready!
Looking for more? Buy the bundle and save! Comprehensive Inpatient Obstetrical Coding provides an all-inclusive approach to coding inpatient obstetrical cases from initial pregnancy through the puerperium. Comprised of instruction in ICD-10-CM and ICD-10-PCS plus a real-world practice module, Coding Workspace™, the courses teach the coder how to evaluate the documentation and locate any obstetrical code.
Using ten carefully selected, real-world inpatient obstetrical cases varying in complexity from basic to advanced, the Coding Workspace™ will sharpen your skills and make you truly workforce-ready!
Join course author, Lynn Kuehn, MS, RHIA, CCS-P, FAHIMA, for a demonstration of Coding Workspace™. Access the demo here.
Libman Education’s proprietary Coding Workspace™ uses carefully selected and challenging real-world cases to sharpen coding skills and make you truly workforce ready!
- Access the work queue of ten carefully selected cases that demonstrate key concepts and coding challenges
- Evaluate the documentation and apply UHDDS definitions to assign both ICD-10-CM diagnosis codes and ICD-10-PCS procedure codes
- “Finalize” your code selection and receive immediate feedback identifying correct codes and any additional codes missed
- Review where the vital information that supports the code selection is located in the documentation
- View LibmanLightbox™ lessons to deepen understanding
Independent self-study designed for the adult learner:
- Online Flexibility! Materials available via secure Learning Management System (LMS). Work at your own pace — save time and travel costs.
- Earn Libman Education Certificate of Completion and CEUs.
- Course is self-paced. For planning purposes, assume 1-3 hours required for each CEU.
- Unlimited course access during enrollment period. For courses offering greater than one CEU, enrollment period is 16 weeks. For courses offering one or fewer CEUs, enrollment period is 4 weeks. Courses purchased as a bundle or package may have a longer enrollment period.
- Extensions to the enrollment period are available. Contact Libman Education for pricing.
- Financing available through PayPal Credit.
- Price listed is per person/per course. Group rates available upon request.
The level of effort to complete this course, start to finish, is equivalent to 3 CEUs and should take you approximately 3-9 hours to complete. Remember: You have access to the course materials for the full 16-week enrollment period and we encourage you to re-review any materials that are helpful to you.
Certificate of Completion
Upon successful completion of the course work, student will be able to download a Libman Education Certificate of Completion. The Certificate of Completion will list the course as awarding 3 CEU.
AHIMA: 3 CEUs
This course has been approved for continuing education units (CEUs) for use in fulfilling the continuing education requirements of the American Health Information Management Association (AHIMA). Granting prior approval from AHIMA does not constitute endorsement of the program content or its program sponsor.
AAPC: 3 CEUs
This program has the prior approval of AAPC for continuing education hours. Granting of prior approval in no way constitutes endorsement by AAPC of the program content or the program sponsor.
Special pricing available for groups. Train your entire team!
|How Many In Your Group?
||Group Discount %
||Contact Us for Your Custom Price Quote:
“Highly recommend these coding workspace cases, expertly created by Lynn Kuehn. They contain lots of references and pictures and are very intuitive. If you struggle with OB coding, whether you’re a beginner or experienced, this case learning method is for you! The methods that she teaches will help increase your production as well.” — Lori Drodge, RHIT, CCS, DRG Coordinator
“These cases are well written, thorough and an excellent review of obstetrics coding. I found the cases included to be typical of what is found in coding the obstetrical patients in most busy OB departments in hospitals. Excellent program.” — Lou Ann Schraffenberger, MBA, RHIA, CCS, CCSP, CPC, FAHIMA
“The Comprehensive Obstetrics course was excellent. I have learned so much from the OB course. The examples and explanations were very helpful to me.” — Jill D.
“Lynn Kuehn is the best in the country with PCS coding.” — Roberta Walker, Inpatient Coding Educator at Hawaii Pacific Health
“Lynn Kuehn, in my mind, is the Queen of Coding Education. She has the ability to take a difficult, confusing subject and make it very easily understood.” — Charlotte Bumgarner
“Lynn is an inspirational teacher. She ignites a passion for coding within you!” — Kristen T
“Lynn, your explanations are clear, concise and to the point. Recommend it to any and all. It is a confidence booster!” — Leslie C
“I consistently learn from Lynn Kuehn. Thank you!”
“Lynn: I look for everything you have on the internet. You have a wonderful concise way of presenting material that is so easy to understand. All of us learn differently and your slides help us ‘Visual learners.’ keep up the great work. I will be ordering your flash cards! Many thanks.”
“Any of Libman Education’s courses are worth time and cost. Always walk away with a useable, clarity or reinforcement of subject matter.”
“I just wanted to let you know that the articles written by Lynn are a great help. I read them all the time and learn something new each time. Please let her know what a fine job she does.” — Kira G., RHIT, IP Coder III
“Lynn always has a way of getting the information across in a simple, understandable way!” — Janice N.
“Just heard Gail and Lynne’s PCS workshop – fantastic information and terrific speakers!!” — Jacqueline F., RHIT, CCS, DRG Validation Specialist