Learn to code inpatient obstetrical procedures with the unique perspective and expertise offered by nationally recognized ICD-10-PCS coding expert Lynn Kuehn! ICD-10-PCS: Obstetrical Procedure Coding covers the steps necessary to fully code inpatient procedures during pregnancy, abortion, or delivery.
ICD-10-PCS: Obstetrical Procedure Coding
Lynn Kuehn, MS, RHIA, CCS-P, FAHIMA
|Products of Conception Anatomy|
|OB Section Guidelines|
|Types of Deliveries|
|Shoulder Dystocia Extraction|
|Abortion and Fetal Death Coding|
|Placement of IUD following Cesarean|
|Other Root Operations|
|Fetal Heart Monitoring|
|External Cephalic Version|
|Resection, Repair and Transplant|
|In Utero Procedures|
|Cervical Cerclage Removal|
|Intrauterine Fetal Transfusion|
|Induction of Labor|
|Duhrssen Cervical Incisions|
|Perineal Lacerations And Repairs|
|Bakri Balloon Control for Postpartum Hemorrhage|
|Assisted Reproductive Techniques|
|List of Procedures Affecting DRG assignment|
The level of effort to complete this course, start to finish, is equivalent to 1 CEU and should take you approximately 1-3 hours to complete. Remember: You have access to the course materials for the full 4-week enrollment period and we encourage you to re-review any materials that are helpful to you.
Certificate of Completion
Upon successful completion of the course work, student will be able to download a Libman Education Certificate of Completion. The Certificate of Completion will list the course as awarding 1 CEU.
AHIMA: 1 CEU
This course has been approved for continuing education units (CEUs) for use in fulfilling the continuing education requirements of the American Health Information Management Association (AHIMA). Granting prior approval from AHIMA does not constitute endorsement of the program content or its program sponsor.
AAPC: 1 CEU
This program has the prior approval of AAPC for continuing education hours. Granting of prior approval in no way constitutes endorsement by AAPC of the program content or the program sponsor.
- WebinarPlus™ multimedia and interactive online course promotes engagement with challenging materials while offering independent self-study.
- Teaching methods including audio and video files, diagrams, and animations to accommodate different learning styles. Where appropriate, the Merck Manual Professional Version supplements course materials with in-depth descriptions of diagnoses and/or procedures.
- Knowledge checks and/or final assessment ensure mastery of material.
- Online Flexibility! Materials available via secure Learning Management System (LMS). Work at your own pace — save time and travel costs.
- Earn Libman Education Certificate of Completion and CEUs.
- To receive CEU credit, students must achieve a passing rate on the course assessment(s).
- Course is self-paced. For planning purposes, assume 1-3 hours required for each CEU.
- Unlimited course access during enrollment period. For courses offering greater than one CEU, enrollment period is 16 weeks. For courses offering one or fewer CEUs, enrollment period is 4 weeks. Courses purchased as a bundle or package may have a longer enrollment period.
- Extensions to the enrollment period are available. Contact Libman Education for pricing.
- Price listed is per person/per course. Group rates available upon request.
“Highly recommend these coding workspace cases, expertly created by Lynn Kuehn. They contain lots of references and pictures and are very intuitive. If you struggle with OB coding, whether you’re a beginner or experienced, this case learning method is for you! The methods that she teaches will help increase your production as well.” — Lori Drodge, RHIT, CCS, DRG Coordinator
“These cases are well written, thorough and an excellent review of obstetrics coding. I found the cases included to be typical of what is found in coding the obstetrical patients in most busy OB departments in hospitals. Excellent program.” — Lou Ann Schraffenberger, MBA, RHIA, CCS, CCSP, CPC, FAHIMA
“The Comprehensive Obstetrics course was excellent. I have learned so much from the OB course. The examples and explanations were very helpful to me.” — Jill D.
“Lynn Kuehn is the best in the country with PCS coding.” — Roberta Walker, Inpatient Coding Educator at Hawaii Pacific Health
“I have known Lynn a long time and I’ve been working with coders and those external auditors who audit coding for over 40 years. Lynn is not only the best at PCS coding but also with the Anatomy and Physiology that are involved to better understand what goes on in complex operations.” — Roberta Walker, Inpatient Coding Educator at Hawaii Pacific Health
“Lynn Kuehn, in my mind, is the Queen of Coding Education. She has the ability to take a difficult, confusing subject and make it very easily understood.” — Charlotte Bumgarner
“Per usual with Libman and Lynn Kuehn, these are excellent programs.” — Lou Ann Schraffenberger, MBA, RHIA, CCS, CCSP, CPC, FAHIMA
“Lynn is an inspirational teacher. She ignites a passion for coding within you!” — Kristen T
“Lynn, your explanations are clear, concise and to the point. Recommend it to any and all. It is a confidence booster!” — Leslie C
“I consistently learn from Lynn Kuehn. Thank you!”
“Lynn: I look for everything you have on the internet. You have a wonderful concise way of presenting material that is so easy to understand. All of us learn differently and your slides help us ‘Visual learners.’ keep up the great work. I will be ordering your flash cards! Many thanks.”
“Any of Libman Education’s courses are worth time and cost. Always walk away with a useable, clarity or reinforcement of subject matter.”
“I just wanted to let you know that the articles written by Lynn are a great help. I read them all the time and learn something new each time. Please let her know what a fine job she does.” — Kira G., RHIT, IP Coder III
“Lynn always has a way of getting the information across in a simple, understandable way!” — Janice N.
“Just heard Gail and Lynne’s PCS workshop – fantastic information and terrific speakers!!” — Jacqueline F., RHIT, CCS, DRG Validation Specialist
- ICD-10-PCS Code Book – 2022 or students may elect to use electronic files
- ICD-10-PCS: An Applied Approach by Lynn Kuehn and Teri Jorwic is published by the American Health Information Management Association. While AHIMA is not publishing a 2022 edition, the 2021 edition has been supplemented with a “2022 Update Document” in the Student Resources (accessed using the information inside the front cover of the text). The book is available for purchase from AHIMA here and Amazon here.
- Medical dictionary
- Anatomy and physiology reference
- Merck Manual
Train your entire team and Save Big! Discount automatically applied at checkout.
|How Many In Your Group?||Group Discount %|
|21+||Contact Us for Your Custom Price Quote|