Practical Coding Experience: Inpatient Spinal Procedures provides hands-on coding practice coupled with detailed guidance on correct code assignment. Using Libman Education’s proprietary Coding Workspace™ format, learners sharpen their coding skills on challenging real-world operative reports varying in complexity from basic to advanced coding including each of the major types of spinal fusion (anterior, posterior, and posterior to anterior) while learning to interpret the documentation.
Practical Coding Experience: Inpatient Spinal Procedures
- Details - Coding Workspace for Inpatient Procedures
- Reviews (0)
- SAVE $ WITH GROUP PRICING
ICD-10-PCS Procedures Coded:
Cervical anterior fusion
Cervical posterior fusion
Iliac wing fixation
Lumbar and lumbosacral posterior fusion
Posterior lumbar interbody fusion
Releasing the spinal cord and nerve roots
Robotic and computer-assisted procedures
Thoracic and thoracolumbar posterior fusion
Using ten carefully selected, real-world inpatient cases varying in complexity from basic to advanced, the Coding Workspace™ will sharpen your skills and make you truly workforce-ready!
Join course author, Lynn Kuehn, MS, RHIA, CCS-P, FAHIMA, for a demonstration of Coding Workspace™. Access the free video here.
The level of effort to complete this course, start to finish, is equivalent to 1 CEU and should take you approximately 1-3 hours to complete. Remember: You have access to the course materials for the full 4-week enrollment period and we encourage you to re-review any materials that are helpful to you.
Certificate of Completion
Upon successful completion of the course work, student will be able to download a Libman Education Certificate of Completion. The Certificate of Completion will list the course as awarding 1 CEU.
AHIMA: 1 CEU
This program has been approved for continuing education unit(s) (CEUs) for use in fulfilling the continuing education requirements of the American Health Information Management Association (AHIMA). Granting of Approved CEUs from AHIMA does not constitute endorsement of the program content or its program provider.
AAPC: 1 CEU
This program has the prior approval of AAPC for continuing education hours. Granting of prior approval in no way constitutes endorsement by AAPC of the program content or the program sponsor.
Libman Education’s proprietary Coding Workspace™ uses carefully selected and challenging real-world reports to sharpen coding skills and make you truly workforce ready!
- Access the work queue of carefully selected cases that demonstrate key concepts and coding challenges
- Evaluate the documentation and apply UHDDS definitions to assign ICD-10-PCS procedure codes
- “Finalize” your code selection and receive immediate feedback identifying correct codes and any additional codes missed
- Re-review the documentation now annotated to show where the necessary details to support code selection are found
- View LibmanLightbox™ lessons to deepen understanding
Independent self-study designed for the adult learner:
- Online Flexibility! Materials available via secure Learning Management System (LMS). Work at your own pace — save time and travel costs.
- Earn Libman Education Certificate of Completion and CEUs.
- Course is self-paced. For planning purposes, assume 1-3 hours required for each CEU.
- Unlimited course access during enrollment period. For courses offering greater than one CEU, enrollment period is 16 weeks. For courses offering one or fewer CEUs, enrollment period is 4 weeks. Courses purchased as a bundle or package may have a longer enrollment period.
- Extensions to the enrollment period are available. Contact Libman Education for pricing.
- Price listed is per person/per course. Group rates available upon request.
“Thank you so much for providing the LibmanLightbox™ education. They are always wonderful!” — Nancie DeCourcy, Inpatient Coder, Houston Methodist
“Using the courses along with my college curriculum would have left me feeling much more confident in my understanding of coding and my skill in applying codes to cases. The Libman Lightbox learning modules that are included really enhance the courses by expanding on topics for greater understanding. I think students and colleges that use the courses will see significant improvements in coder accuracy and understanding.” — Andrea Hick, RHIT
“This is the best course I have taken with Libman. The way this was set up with the cases and immediate feedback was fantastic.” — Anonymous
“I want a new and innovative experience for our students and the ‘Coding Workspace’ is something that will help beginning students get the necessary real world experience and also enable them to add this experience to their resumes.” — Tanda Emanuel, MBA, RHIT, CPC, Program Coordinator/Instructor, Health Information Management/Electronic Health Records, Health Sciences Division, Hagerstown Community College
“Highly recommend these coding workspace cases, expertly created by Lynn Kuehn. They contain lots of references and pictures and are very intuitive. If you struggle with OB coding, whether you’re a beginner or experienced, this case learning method is for you! The methods that she teaches will help increase your production as well.” — Lori Drodge, RHIT, CCS, DRG Coordinator
“These cases are well written, thorough and an excellent review of obstetrics coding. I found the cases included to be typical of what is found in coding the obstetrical patients in most busy OB departments in hospitals. Excellent program.” — Lou Ann Schraffenberger, MBA, RHIA, CCS, CCSP, CPC, FAHIMA
“The Comprehensive Obstetrics course was excellent. I have learned so much from the OB course. The examples and explanations were very helpful to me.” — Jill D.
“Lynn Kuehn is the best in the country with PCS coding.” — Roberta Walker, Inpatient Coding Educator at Hawaii Pacific Health
“I have known Lynn a long time and I’ve been working with coders and those external auditors who audit coding for over 40 years. Lynn is not only the best at PCS coding but also with the Anatomy and Physiology that are involved to better understand what goes on in complex operations.” — Roberta Walker, Inpatient Coding Educator at Hawaii Pacific Health
“Lynn Kuehn, in my mind, is the Queen of Coding Education. She has the ability to take a difficult, confusing subject and make it very easily understood.” — Charlotte Bumgarner
“Lynn is an inspirational teacher. She ignites a passion for coding within you!” — Kristen T
“Lynn, your explanations are clear, concise and to the point. Recommend it to any and all. It is a confidence booster!” — Leslie C
“I consistently learn from Lynn Kuehn. Thank you!”
“Lynn: I look for everything you have on the internet. You have a wonderful concise way of presenting material that is so easy to understand. All of us learn differently and your slides help us ‘Visual learners.’ keep up the great work. I will be ordering your flash cards! Many thanks.”
“Any of Libman Education’s courses are worth time and cost. Always walk away with a useable, clarity or reinforcement of subject matter.”
“I just wanted to let you know that the articles written by Lynn are a great help. I read them all the time and learn something new each time. Please let her know what a fine job she does.” — Kira G., RHIT, IP Coder III
“Lynn always has a way of getting the information across in a simple, understandable way!” — Janice N.
“Just heard Gail and Lynne’s PCS workshop – fantastic information and terrific speakers!!” — Jacqueline F., RHIT, CCS, DRG Validation Specialist
- ICD-10-CM Code Book – 2022
- ICD-10-PCS Code Book – 2022 or students may elect to use electronic files
- ICD-10-PCS: An Applied Approach by Lynn Kuehn and Teri Jorwic is published by the American Health Information Management Association. While AHIMA is not publishing a 2022 edition, the 2021 edition has been supplemented with a “2022 Update Document” in the Student Resources (accessed using the information inside the front cover of the text). The book is available for purchase from AHIMA here and Amazon here. 2023 version coming this November.
- Medical dictionary
- Anatomy and physiology reference
- Merck Manual
Train your entire team and Save Big! Discount automatically applied at checkout.
|How Many In Your Group?||Group Discount %|
|21+||Contact Us for Your Custom Price Quote|