Learn to code cardiac procedures with the unique perspective and expertise offered by nationally recognized ICD-10-PCS coding expert Lynn Kuehn! ICD-10-PCS: Cardiac Procedure Coding enables coders to visualize and understand complicated 3-D cardiac structures and then accurately and completely code the intricate surgical procedures performed.
Students who complete this course will be able to:
- Understand and visualize complex three-dimensional cardiac procedures in order to code completely and accurately.
- Identify the code format, system structure, and design of cardiac procedure codes in ICD-10-PCS.
- Understand and apply the cardiac-specific Official Guidelines for Coding and Reporting of ICD-10-PCS codes.
- Learn to identify procedure details that support the assignment of the root operations.
- Apply the definitions of the devices and qualifiers unique to cardiac procedures.
- Given a case scenario, select the necessary statements to code and apply Official Guidelines for Coding and Reporting to support an accurate code assignment.
By completing this course, you will have the tools necessary for proficiency in ICD-10-PCS coding of Cardiovascular Procedures:
- Learn to identify procedure details that support the assignment of the root operations
- Apply the definitions of the devices and qualifiers unique to cardiac procedures
- Course features interactive, explanatory images, audio recordings and video animations by industry experts, detailed explanations of the coding process, and check yourself quizzes to ensure material is being mastered.
- Bonus content includes a quick review of ICD-10-PCS table mechanics
- and more!
Need to learn to code vascular procedures as well? Then consider ICD-10-PCS: Vascular Procedure Coding, also by Lynn! Learn more here.
ICD-10-PCS: Cardiac Procedure Coding includes:
- Review of Cardiac Anatomy
- Cardiac Valve Repair
- Percutaneous Transluminal Coronary Angioplasty and Stent Placement
- Coronary Artery Bypass with various types of grafts
- Gastroepiploic Bypass
- Cardiac Mapping and Ablation
- Transmyocardial laser revascularization
- Cardiac Catheterization
- Types of Cardiac Devices
- Monitoring Device
- Infusion Device
- Intracardiac Pacemaker (Leadless Pacemaker)
- Subcutaneous ICD
- Implantable Heart Assist System
- CVC Placement
- Aneurysm Repair
- Heart Transplant
- New Technology
- Cerebral Embolic Filtration, Dual Filter
- Carnet Sentinel®
- Edwards Intuity Elite TM
- Orbital Atherectomy
- Endothelial Damage Inhibitor
“Lynn is an inspirational teacher. She ignites a passion for coding within you!” — Kristen T
“Lynn, your explanations are clear, concise and to the point. Recommend it to any and all. It is a confidence booster!” — Leslie C
“I consistently learn from Lynn Kuehn. Thank you!”
“Lynn: I look for everything you have on the internet. You have a wonderful concise way of presenting material that is so easy to understand. All of us learn differently and your slides help us ‘Visual learners.’ keep up the great work. I will be ordering your flash cards! Many thanks.”
“Any of Libman Education’s courses are worth time and cost. Always walk away with a useable, clarity or reinforcement of subject matter.”
“I just wanted to let you know that the articles written by Lynn are a great help. I read them all the time and learn something new each time. Please let her know what a fine job she does.” — Kira G., RHIT, IP Coder III
“Lynn always has a way of getting the information across in a simple, understandable way!” — Janice N.
“Just heard Gail and Lynne’s PCS workshop – fantastic information and terrific speakers!!” — Jacqueline F., RHIT, CCS, DRG Validation Specialist