Fully updated for 2020, the CDI Pocket Guide by authors Dr. Richard Pinson and Cynthia Tang is the original and still best resource for coding and clinical documentation integrity.
The CDI Pocket Guide provides instant access to definitions, clinical criteria, terms to use or to avoid, and other critical information on the 55 diagnostic categories that account for 95% of all documentation improvement opportunities.
Now in its 13th edition, the CDI Pocket Guide has been the essential, go-to resource for anyone involved in coding and CDI.
- Guidelines you must know to ensure appropriate documentation
- Detailed descriptions of over 42 conditions with commonly seen documentation improvement opportunities
- Additional information of use to CDI professionals and coders with CDI responsibilities
Bonus! With every purchase of the original CDI Pocket Guide, you will have access to free live interactive webinars where Pinson & Tang experts present the most challenging diagnostic conditions and the latest industry changes.
Important updates for 2020 include:
- UPDATES to clinical diagnostic standards and key refinements to topics such as Atrial Fibrillation, Acute Kidney Injury, BMI, Excisional Debridement, Encephalopathy, Pancytopenia, Heart Failure, Pneumothorax, Deep Vein Thrombosis, Pneumonia (CAP), Healthcare Associated Pneumonia (HCAP), Antibiotic Resistance, Asthma, COPD, and Bronchitis
- Revamp of Respiratory Failure to further define acute versus chronic respiratory failure and simplify this challenging topic
- Crucial updates to Malnutrition and the new GLIM criteria
- Helpful updates for understanding CMS-HCCs, HHS-HCCs, and Risk Adjustment, Pay for Performance and creating a compliant physician query
- FY2020 CMS MCC-CC/DRG updates and latest Coding Clinic advice incorporated
- New and updated medical resource references
- Back by popular demand – DRG Tips section!
And much more…
The eBook is provided in both .epub and .mobi format for compatibility across e-readers for Android, Apple, and Amazon Kindle devices.
CDI Pocket Guides are sent via USPS Priority mail. Allow 2-3 days for delivery. Price includes shipping.
Buy the CDI Pocket Guide together with the Outpatient CDI Pocket Guide: Focusing on HCCs and SAVE! Purchase here.