The CDI Pocket Guides by authors Dr. Richard Pinson and Cynthia Tang provide the key references to have ‘at your fingertips’ when working to ensure accurate, complete, and defensible documentation.
- the CDI Pocket Guide: the original and still best resource for coding and clinical documentation integrity. Available as an online version, a downloadable e-book for laptop or tablet, or the classic spiral-bound hard copy format sized to literally “fit in your pocket.”
- the Outpatient CDI Pocket Guide: focusing on HCCs: features an easy to understand approach, boiling HCCs down to a few basic principles. Available as a downloadable e-book for laptop or tablet, or the classic spiral-bound hard copy format sized to literally “fit in your pocket.”
The 2021 version of the CDI Pocket Guide is slated for an October 1 release. Join our waitlist to be notified when it is available.
The CDI Pocket Guide provides instant access to definitions, clinical criteria, terms to use or to avoid, and other critical information on the 55 diagnostic categories that account for 95% of all documentation improvement opportunities.
Now in its 13th edition, the CDI Pocket Guide has been the essential, go-to resource for anyone involved in coding and CDI.
- Guidelines you must know to ensure appropriate documentation
- Detailed descriptions of over 42 conditions with commonly seen documentation improvement opportunities
- Additional information of use to CDI professionals and coders with CDI responsibilities
Bonus! With every purchase of the original CDI Pocket Guide, you will have access to free live interactive webinars where Pinson & Tang experts present the most challenging diagnostic conditions and the latest industry changes.
Important updates for 2020 include:
- UPDATES to clinical diagnostic standards and key refinements to topics such as Atrial Fibrillation, Acute Kidney Injury, BMI, Excisional Debridement, Encephalopathy, Pancytopenia, Heart Failure, Pneumothorax, Deep Vein Thrombosis, Pneumonia (CAP), Healthcare Associated Pneumonia (HCAP), Antibiotic Resistance, Asthma, COPD, and Bronchitis
- Revamp of Respiratory Failure to further define acute versus chronic respiratory failure and simplify this challenging topic
- Crucial updates to Malnutrition and the new GLIM criteria
- Helpful updates for understanding CMS-HCCs, HHS-HCCs, and Risk Adjustment, Pay for Performance and creating a compliant physician query
- FY2020 CMS MCC-CC/DRG updates and latest Coding Clinic advice incorporated
- New and updated medical resource references
- Back by popular demand – DRG Tips section!
- And much more…
The first definitive reference guide for outpatient CDI. The Outpatient CDI Pocket Guide: Focusing on HCCs features an easy to understand approach, boiling HCCs down to a few basic principles and provides the key references to have ‘at your fingertips’ when working to ensure accurate, complete, and defensible documentation in the outpatient setting.
Authors Richard Pinson and Cynthia Tang explain how HCCs affect both providers and payers and clarify the chief considerations in outpatient reimbursement, documentation, and coding guidelines. Outpatient CDI Pocket Guide: Focusing on HCCs is appropriate for Clinical Documentation Integrity specialists, coders, risk adjustment auditors, nurses, or physicians.
Outpatient CDI Pocket Guide: Focusing on HCCs is your reference guide to steer you to documentation success for outpatient CDI and HCCs.
- Focus on areas of greatest impact as you expand your CDI program to the outpatient setting
- Improve capture of HCC diagnoses that will optimize hospital and physician risk adjustments for value-based payments
- Increase risk adjustment factor scores for Medicare Advantage health plans
- Ensure your organization’s outpatient coding practices are compliant and meet clinical validation and documentation requirements.