The CDI Pocket Guides® by authors Dr. Richard Pinson and Cynthia Tang provide the key references to have ‘at your fingertips’ when working to ensure accurate, complete, and defensible documentation.
- the CDI Pocket Guide: the original and still best resource for coding and clinical documentation integrity. Available as an online version or the classic spiral-bound hard copy format sized to literally “fit in your pocket.”
- the Outpatient CDI Pocket Guide: focusing on HCCs: features an easy to understand approach, boiling HCCs down to a few basic principles. Available as a downloadable e-book for laptop or tablet, or the classic spiral-bound hard copy format sized to literally “fit in your pocket.”
Keep vital information at your fingertips with the new 2021 edition of the #1 best-selling authoritative CDI Pocket Guide.
The CDI Pocket Guide by authors Dr. Richard Pinson and Cynthia Tang, now in its 14th edition, is the original and STILL the best resource for coding and clinical documentation integrity.
Each year, the authors research, revise, and clarify the content to update the original CDI Pocket Guide. They capture significant changes in clinical diagnostic standards, ICD-10 codes, Official Coding Guidelines, Coding Clinic, and compliance issues and accommodate useful feedback from readers. They also provide the wisdom of their experience as consultants helping hospitals sculpt their documentation and coding practices to their needs.
Each CDI Pocket Guide customer will also receive our in-depth, interactive webinars that will keep you informed and further enhance your knowledge and skills.
For over a decade, the CDI Pocket Guide has been the essential, go-to resource for anyone involved in coding and CDI – don’t be without it!
For 2021, you will find new key reference topics for COVID-19, liver failure, and others, and updated clinical diagnostic standards and key refinements to topics such as malnutrition, heart failure, chronic kidney disease, and diabetic complications. All FY2021 CMS MCC-CC/DRG updates and latest Coding Clinic advice is incorporated.
The first definitive reference guide for outpatient CDI. The Outpatient CDI Pocket Guide: Focusing on HCCs features an easy to understand approach, boiling HCCs down to a few basic principles and provides the key references to have ‘at your fingertips’ when working to ensure accurate, complete, and defensible documentation in the outpatient setting.
Authors Richard Pinson and Cynthia Tang explain how HCCs affect both providers and payers and clarify the chief considerations in outpatient reimbursement, documentation, and coding guidelines. Outpatient CDI Pocket Guide: Focusing on HCCs is appropriate for Clinical Documentation Integrity specialists, coders, risk adjustment auditors, nurses, or physicians.
Outpatient CDI Pocket Guide: Focusing on HCCs is your reference guide to steer you to documentation success for outpatient CDI and HCCs.
- Focus on areas of greatest impact as you expand your CDI program to the outpatient setting
- Improve capture of HCC diagnoses that will optimize hospital and physician risk adjustments for value-based payments
- Increase risk adjustment factor scores for Medicare Advantage health plans
- Ensure your organization’s outpatient coding practices are compliant and meet clinical validation and documentation requirements.