Learn to navigate the ‘ins and outs’ of reimbursement for outpatient services. Fundamentals of Reimbursement: Outpatient Services will help Coders, Clinical Documentation Improvement Specialists and other key actors in the hospital revenue cycle understand the complexities of the healthcare reimbursement system and their role in ensuring accurate and appropriate reimbursement for services.
- How and when to apply HCPCS codes
- Applying the appropriate coding guidelines for hospital outpatient reporting
- Identifying OPPS reporting requirements
- Review and resolve coding edits such as Correct Coding Initiative (CCI) and Outpatient Code Editor (OCE)
- Differentiate between various coverage determinations
- Assign appropriate modifiers