Author Rose Dunn, MBA, RHIA, CPA, FACHE, a nationally recognized authority in HCC and risk adjustment coding methodologies, explores the intent and purpose of various Medicare quality programs focusing on the importance of accurate, “by-the-book”, complete, and defensible coding and documentation.
HCCs: Impact on Quality Syllabus
- Brief overview of HCCs
- Demand for Quality
- Provider Response
- Government Quality Initiatives
- Value Modifier Program
- Bundled Payment Program
- Quality Payment Program
- Merit-Based Incentive Payment System
- Advanced Alternative Payment Models
- Hospital Value Based Purchasing Program
- Healthcare Effectiveness Data and Information Set (HEDIS)
- Relationship Between Coding and Quality
- Risk Adjustment Factor (RAF)
- Quality Scoring
- Star and Quality Ratings
- Bonuses and Medical Loss Ratio
The level of effort to complete this course, start to finish, is equivalent to 1 CEU and should take you approximately 1-3 hours to complete. Remember: You have access to the course materials for the full 4-week enrollment period and we encourage you to re-review any materials that are helpful to you.
Certificate of Completion
Upon successful completion of the course work, student will be able to download a Libman Education Certificate of Completion. The Certificate of Completion will list the course as awarding 1 CEU.
AHIMA: 1 CEU
This program has been approved for continuing education unit(s) (CEUs) for use in fulfilling the continuing education requirements of the American Health Information Management Association (AHIMA). Granting of Approved CEUs from AHIMA does not constitute endorsement of the program content or its program provider.
AAPC: 1 CEU
This program has the prior approval of AAPC for continuing education hours. Granting of prior approval in no way constitutes endorsement by AAPC of the program content or the program sponsor.
- WebinarPlus™ multimedia and interactive online course promotes engagement with challenging materials while offering independent self-study.
- Teaching methods including audio and video files, diagrams, and animations to accommodate different learning styles. Where appropriate, the Merck Manual Professional Version supplements course materials with in-depth descriptions of diagnoses and/or procedures.
- Knowledge checks and/or final assessment ensure mastery of material.
- Online Flexibility! Materials available via secure Learning Management System (LMS). Work at your own pace — save time and travel costs.
- Earn Libman Education Certificate of Completion and CEUs.
- To receive CEU credit, students must achieve a passing rate on the course assessment(s).
- Course is self-paced. For planning purposes, assume 1-3 hours required for each CEU.
- Unlimited course access during enrollment period. For courses offering greater than one CEU, enrollment period is 16 weeks. For courses offering one or fewer CEUs, enrollment period is 4 weeks. Courses purchased as a bundle or package may have a longer enrollment period.
- Extensions to the enrollment period are available. Contact Libman Education for pricing.
- Price listed is per person/per course. Group rates available upon request.
Rose T. Dunn, MBA, RHIA, CPA, FACHE
Rose Dunn is the Chief Operating Officer of First Class Solutions, Inc., a healthcare information management leader since 1988, offering professional consulting services in health information management operations and information governance issues, as well as coding support, coding quality reviews, privacy/security guidance, temporary (interim) management, revenue cycle oversight, and accreditation preparation. Rose jumped into the weeds of ICD-10 more than 10 years before it was implemented and has been getting back into the weeds of HCCs for the last 2 years. Rose is the author of Libman Education’s online course: Fundamentals of HCC Coding as well as “The Revenue Integrity Manager’s Guidebook” available from the National Association of Healthcare Revenue Integrity and other books on coding management and auditing. Ms. Dunn holds a B.S. and M.B.A. from Saint Louis University.
“The quality of the courses that Libman presents is excellent” — Pamela S., RN, BSN, MSN, CCDS, Director, Clinical Documentation Improvement, Sharp Healthcare
“I tell everyone about Libman. I find that you have a very wide variety of choices in education that is actually needed and not so many things that aren’t really needed and can be mind boggling just trying to sift through it. Your website is well organized and everything offered is so well laid out and very informative as far as what you are getting, what I need and a very thorough write-up on everything offered. I’m so thrilled to have found your site!” — Sharon T
“The speaker is awesome and has great voice and I love the colors and the design of it” — student
“I truly thank you Libman Group for your wonderful courses that have contributed to my success.” — Leslie Jay Corn, CCS, CPC, CCA/ER Coding Analyst/Boston Medical Center OR LogixHealth
“I’m pleasantly surprised at your response … really didn’t think I would receive anything at all, so, thank you! I believe that alone says a lot for Libman Education. I would recommend you to other coding professionals.” — Jennifer Jones, CPC
“LOVEEE Libman! Very happy with the classes I’ve taken.” — Linda C.
“I love the courses at Libman Education.” — Joanne S., CCS
“Libman has exceeded my expectations so far in every way, with the content of courses, but the hands on with the instructors is one of the best and most genius things to offer! All other companies I’ve seen in my 12 years in this field do not offer this invaluable service with their education. Answers to questions on education content is something that was desperately needed, but to my knowledge, it was/is not offered anywhere else and this is what sets Libman apart from the rest. Also, your high quality education and very knowledgeable instructors.” — coding student
“Any of Libman Education’s courses are worth time and cost. Always walk away with a useable, clarity or reinforcement of subject matter.”
- ICD-10-CM Code Book – 2022
- CMS Guidelines for Coding and Reporting (online or book)
Train your entire team and Save Big! Discount automatically applied at checkout.
|How Many In Your Group?||Group Discount %|
|21+||Contact Us for Your Custom Price Quote|