Accurate and appropriate reimbursement for services is essential to the financial health of hospitals. Learn to navigate the ‘ins and outs’ of reimbursement for hospital inpatient services with Fundamentals of Reimbursement: Inpatient Services. Essential training for Coders, Clinical Documentation Improvement Specialists and other key actors in the hospital revenue cycle.
- Recognize key definitions and features of the Medicare Severity-Diagnosis Related Groups (MS-DRGs) and All Patient Refined DRGs (APR) systems
- Verify DRG assignment based on Inpatient Prospective Payment System (IPPS) definitions
- Evaluate the impact of code selection on Diagnosis Related Group (DRG) assignment
- Assign the present on admission (POA) indicator
- Identify features of the Medicare Code Editor (MCE)
- Recall the impact of assignment of the discharge disposition
Angela Lehoux, BS, CCS, CDIP, CIC, COC, CPC-I
Director, Training and Operations
Angela Lehoux is a coder with 25 years of experience in inpatient, outpatient and emergency room coding; an instructor and education specialist for Libman Education courses; and Director of Education for Libman Education where she is responsible for ensuring that our training is accurate, easily accessible, and challenging. Angela believes in the transformational power of education to help individuals achieve their personal and career goals and for institutions to achieve operating success. She develops and reviews course content and is the teacher for Libman Education’s Medical Coder Career Program (MCCP), courses on ICD-10-CM and ICD-10-PCS, and review courses for the CCA, CCS, CIC, and COC credentials. Angela holds a bachelor’s degree in Healthcare Management.
Sandy Macica, MS, RHIA, CCS
Sandy L. Macica is the former Director of Educational Content for Libman Education. Sandy is an experienced educator and coder with particular experience in developing online training for hospital coders in ICD-10-CM, ICD-10-PCS, and CPT® coding as well as coding certification exam preparation. Sandy is an enthusiastic presenter on all things coding and often speaks on complex coding topics for professional organizations and healthcare clients. Sandy is a long-time member of New York HIMA and was honored to receive the NYHIMA Distinguished Member Award in 2018.