Accurate and appropriate reimbursement for services is essential to the financial health of hospitals. Learn to navigate the ‘ins and outs’ of reimbursement for hospital inpatient services with Fundamentals of Reimbursement: Inpatient Services. Essential training for Coders, Clinical Documentation Improvement Specialists and other key actors in the hospital revenue cycle.
- Recognize key definitions and features of the Medicare Severity-Diagnosis Related Groups (MS-DRGs) and All Patient Refined DRGs (APR) systems
- Verify DRG assignment based on Inpatient Prospective Payment System (IPPS) definitions
- Evaluate the impact of code selection on Diagnosis Related Group (DRG) assignment
- Assign the present on admission (POA) indicator
- Identify features of the Medicare Code Editor (MCE)
- Recall the impact of assignment of the discharge disposition