Join our waitlist to be notified when this is updated for 2020.
Go beyond just the diagnoses — really understand the methodology behind HCCs!
Hierarchical Condition Categories (HCCs) are utilized by Medicare Advantage and Affordable Care Act (Obamacare) payers for approximately 30 million individuals currently. Use of HCCs is projected to grow significantly in coming years.
Prepare for the future of healthcare reimbursement with Fundamentals of HCC Coding. The online, self-paced course provides comprehensive instruction to ensure complete and accurate HCC coding to improve data quality and ensure appropriate reimbursement.
Interested in attaining your CRC? Fundamentals of HCC Coding will prepare you for AAPC’s Certified Risk Adjustment Coder (CRC) credential with in-depth content specific to the exam’s requirements.
Providers and Hospitals, especially those with employed doctors or with Accountable Care Organization (ACO) arrangements utilizing HCC methodology, need individuals with in-depth knowledge and command of the HCC system to ensure coding is accurate, supported by documentation, and that reimbursement is appropriate.
- Go beyond just diagnoses – really understand the methodology behind HCCs
- Learn how to use problem lists, past medical history, and medication lists to identify all the HCC codes for every encounter
- Put on your CDI ‘hat’ and work with providers to ensure complete and thorough documentation to support HCC diagnoses
- Identify HCC-specific coding guidance for the coding professionals on your team
- Learn how HCC diagnoses impact the calculation of the risk adjustment factor and the resulting reimbursement for your facility
- Support the efforts of the hospital contracting team to ensure appropriate and fair reimbursement
- Effectively manage the impact of external auditors