When you really understand the methodology behind HCCs, you can close the loop for greater compensation.
Prepare for the future of healthcare reimbursement with HCC: Fundamentals of Hierarchical Condition Categories. The online, self-paced course provides comprehensive instruction to ensure complete and accurate HCC coding to improve data quality and ensure appropriate reimbursement.
HCC: Fundamentals of Hierarchical Condition Categories will provide you with the in-depth knowledge and command of the HCC system to ensure coding is accurate, supported by documentation, and that reimbursement is appropriate.
- Go beyond just diagnoses – really understand the methodology behind HCCs
- Learn how to use problem lists, past medical history, and medication lists to identify all the HCC codes for every encounter
- Put on your CDI ‘hat’ and work with providers to ensure complete and thorough documentation to support HCC diagnoses
- Identify HCC-specific coding guidance for the coding professionals on your team
- Learn how HCC diagnoses impact the calculation of the risk adjustment factor and the resulting reimbursement for your facility
- Support the efforts of the hospital contracting team to ensure appropriate and fair reimbursement
- Effectively manage the impact of external auditors
Are you looking for hands-on practice in HCCs? HCC: Fundamentals of Hierarchical Condition Categories with Practice Cases includes “Abstract & Code It!” exercises to reinforce learning (requires textbook).