Designed for the experienced coding professional who is ready to really understand the methodology behind HCCs, you can close the loop for greater compensation.
Prepare for the future of healthcare reimbursement with HCC: Fundamentals of Hierarchical Condition Categories. The online, self-paced course provides comprehensive instruction to ensure complete and accurate HCC coding to improve data quality and ensure appropriate reimbursement.
HCC: Fundamentals of Hierarchical Condition Categories will provide you with the in-depth knowledge and command of the HCC system to ensure coding is accurate, supported by documentation, and that reimbursement is appropriate.
- Go beyond just diagnoses – really understand the methodology behind HCCs
- Learn how to use problem lists, past medical history, and medication lists to identify all the HCC codes for every encounter
- Put on your CDI ‘hat’ and work with providers to ensure complete and thorough documentation to support HCC diagnoses
- Identify HCC-specific coding guidance for the coding professionals on your team
- Learn how HCC diagnoses impact the calculation of the risk adjustment factor and the resulting reimbursement for your facility
- Support the efforts of the hospital contracting team to ensure appropriate and fair reimbursement
- Effectively manage the impact of external auditors
Are you looking for hands-on practice in HCCs? Course includes optional hands-on “Abstract & Code It!” exercises to reinforce learning (requires textbook).