CPT® for Pediatrics: Advanced Orthopedic Coding covers common and complex orthopedic procedures seen in a pediatric facility including fractures, osteotomy, spinal surgery, and more. Gail I. Smith, a nationally recognized expert in CPT coding, provides important information on how to code these procedures and key terminology a coder should look for in order to arrive at the correct code.
- Differentiate between a classification system and a nomenclature
- Describe the format and organization of CPT
- Given examples, explain the decision making process for selected CPT codes
- Given a procedure, identify documentation requirements
- Using case studies, assign CPT codes