Inpatient Audit Reporting focuses on the skills necessary to communicate the results of an audit in a meaningful and actionable manner. Includes instruction on effective methods of presentation of findings.
Those who successfully complete Inpatient Audit Reporting will be able to do the following:
- Refresh fundamentals of good writing.
- Identify the key stakeholders for the audit results.
- Understand the scope of a written audit summary report.
- Learn how to develop an audit summary report.
- Describe various ways to deliver the audit results.
- Identify the appropriate use of a PowerPoint presentation.
- Review tips for managing an effective meeting.
- Complete a written audit summary report.
Who should consider Inpatient Audit Reporting?
- Coding professionals with experience in coding of inpatient records
- Coders with a working knowledge of quality initiatives, DRG assignment and case mix index, MACs, RACs, and the importance of accurate clinical documentation
- Coders defending coding accuracy in addressing denials from external auditors
Interested in more? The training you need to quickly gain the foundational knowledge and skills necessary to assume responsibilities as an inpatient auditor.
Buy individually or buy all and SAVE!
Libman Education is an authorized reseller of CareerStep’s Fundamentals of Inpatient Auditing.
AHIMA: 4 CEUs
This course has been approved for continuing education units (CEUs) for use in fulfilling the continuing education requirements of the American Health Information Management Association (AHIMA). Granting prior approval from AHIMA does not constitute endorsement of the program content or its program sponsor.
Experience and knowledge of Inpatient Coding
Three years of inpatient acute care coding experience within the last five years.
Students may wish to refresh their knowledge of ICD-10-CM and ICD-10PCS coding prior to attempting the course. (additional fee applies)
– ICD-10-CM: Introduction to Diagnosis Coding
– ICD-10-PCS: Medical and Surgical Coding
Current RHIA, RHIT, CCS, or CPC credential
- Active internet connection (High speed/Broadband connection is required)
- Adobe Flash Player (ver. 10 or higher)
- Adobe Mobile App (optional)
- Windows Media Player (ver. 10 or higher) or Quicktime Player (ver. 7 or higher)
- Adobe PDF reader (ver. 9 or higher)
Browsers on Laptops or Desktops:
- Internet Explorer (IE) 9.x, 10.x, 11.x
- Microsoft Edge
- FireFox 3.4 or higher
- Safari 3.0 or 5.0
- Chrome 25+
The course materials are comprehensive and no textbook is required for completion of the program.
Generally recommended resources (not included in the program fee):