Currently being updated, the course is expected to be available by March 2021. Join our waitlist to be notified when the course is available.
Principles of Inpatient Auditing is the first step to a career in inpatient auditing. Principles of Inpatient Auditing describes the fundamental principals of inpatient auditing, explains the types of audits used in the inpatient setting today, and introduces the data analysis and statistical methods used to report the results of an inpatient audit.
Those who successfully complete Principles of Inpatient Auditing will be able to do the following:
- Describe the fundamentals of hospital inpatient auditing.
- Identify various audit types including internal and external, and random versus focused.
- Explain how to scope an audit based on audit type.
- Articulate how to analyze data and look for problem areas for targeted audits.
- Recall concepts of statistical sampling methods.
Who should consider Principles of Inpatient Auditing?
- Coding professionals with experience in coding of inpatient records
- Coders with a working knowledge of quality initiatives, DRG assignment and case mix index, MACs, RACs, and the importance of accurate clinical documentation
- Coders defending coding accuracy in addressing denials from external auditors
Interested in more? The training you need to quickly gain the foundational knowledge and skills necessary to assume responsibilities as an inpatient auditor:
Buy individually or buy all and SAVE!
Libman Education is an authorized reseller of CareerStep’s Fundamentals of Inpatient Auditing.