Hands-on experience in Inpatient Auditing. Apply what you have learned as you audit 50-100 cases using a set of criteria to evaluate the accuracy of inpatient coding practice and proper reimbursement.
Written in collaboration with major medical employers, Inpatient Auditing Practicum provides real world skills in demand by employers:
- Conduct an audit through application of auditing principles to a variety of inpatient records.
- Accurately complete an audit worksheet.
- Accurately analyze audit findings.
- Communicate the results of the audit in writing by submission of an Audit Summary Report.
- Verbally communicate the audit results by submission of two PowerPoint-led, recorded presentations, each of which is appropriate for a specific audience.
- Submit a PowerPoint (file only, not a recorded presentation) for a third audience.
Inpatient Auditing Practicum provides hands-on experience as an auditor:
- Students perform audits on 50 to 100 cases using a set of criteria to evaluate the accuracy of inpatient coding practice and proper reimbursement.
- Presentation of information. An opportunity to develop written and verbal report presentation techniques.
- Both the technical and soft skills required to be a good auditor
Who should consider Inpatient Auditing Practicum?
- Graduates of Inpatient Auditing Essential Skills ready to apply what they have learned to real world auditing challenges
- Coding professionals with experience in coding of inpatient records
- Coders with a working knowledge of quality initiatives, DRG assignment and case mix index, MACs, RACs, and the importance of accurate clinical documentation
- Coders defending coding accuracy in addressing denials from external auditors
- Coders who aspire to become a certified inpatient coding auditors (Click here for more information on the Certified Inpatient Coding Auditor certification from HFMA)
Libman Education is an authorized reseller of CareerStep’s Inpatient Auditing Practicum.