Inpatient Auditing Essential Skills is designed to help you quickly gain the knowledge and skills you need to assume responsibilities as an inpatient auditor. Inpatient Auditing Essential Skills consists of three modules:
- Describe the fundamentals of hospital inpatient auditing.
- Identify various audit types including internal and external, and random versus focused.
- Explain how to scope an audit based on audit type.
- Articulate how to analyze data and look for problem areas for targeted audits.
- Recall concepts of statistical sampling methods.
Audit and Record Review
- Understand what it takes to complete a successful audit.
- Understand the common, high-risk errors identified during an audit.
- Learn the best practices for capturing audit results and reporting them.
- Audit case scenarios that will be reviewed for applied learning.
- Refresh fundamentals of good writing.
- Identify the key stakeholders for the audit results.
- Understand the scope of a written audit summary report.
- Learn how to develop an audit summary report.
- Describe various ways to deliver the audit results.
- Identify the appropriate use of a PowerPoint presentation.
- Review tips for managing an effective meeting.
- Complete a written audit summary report.
Who should consider Inpatient Auditing Essential Skills?
- Coding professionals with experience in coding of inpatient records
- Coders with a working knowledge of quality initiatives, DRG assignment and case mix index, MACs, RACs, and the importance of accurate clinical documentation
- Coders defending coding accuracy in addressing denials from external auditors
- Coders who aspire to become a certified inpatient coding auditors (Click here for more information on the Certified Inpatient Coding Auditor certification from HFMA)
Libman Education is an authorized reseller of CareerStep’s Inpatient Auditing Essential Skills.