Delivering the best practices in inpatient auditing, Inpatient Auditing and Record Review will help the student understand what makes a successful audit, how to avoid errors, and how to effectively communicate audit results. Course includes audit case scenarios to apply what you have learned.
Those who successfully complete Inpatient Auditing and Record Review will be able to do the following:
- Understand what it takes to complete a successful audit.
- Understand the common, high-risk errors identified during an audit.
- Learn the best practices for capturing audit results and reporting them.
- Audit case scenarios that will be reviewed for applied learning.
Who should consider Inpatient Auditing and Record Review?
- Coding professionals with experience in coding of inpatient records
- Coders with a working knowledge of quality initiatives, DRG assignment and case mix index, MACs, RACs, and the importance of accurate clinical documentation
- Coders defending coding accuracy in addressing denials from external auditors
Interested in more? The training you need to quickly gain the foundational knowledge and skills necessary to assume responsibilities as an inpatient auditor.
Buy individually or buy all and SAVE!
Libman Education is an authorized reseller of CareerStep’s Fundamentals of Inpatient Auditing.
AHIMA: 4 CEUs
This course has been approved for continuing education units (CEUs) for use in fulfilling the continuing education requirements of the American Health Information Management Association (AHIMA). Granting prior approval from AHIMA does not constitute endorsement of the program content or its program sponsor.
Experience and knowledge of Inpatient Coding
Three years of inpatient acute care coding experience within the last five years.
Students may wish to refresh their knowledge of ICD-10-CM and ICD-10PCS coding prior to attempting the course. (additional fee applies)
– ICD-10-CM: Introduction to Diagnosis Coding
– ICD-10-PCS: Medical and Surgical Coding
Current RHIA, RHIT, CCS, or CPC credential
- Active internet connection (High speed/Broadband connection is required)
- Adobe Flash Player (ver. 10 or higher)
- Adobe Mobile App (optional)
- Windows Media Player (ver. 10 or higher) or Quicktime Player (ver. 7 or higher)
- Adobe PDF reader (ver. 9 or higher)
Browsers on Laptops or Desktops:
- Internet Explorer (IE) 9.x, 10.x, 11.x
- Microsoft Edge
- FireFox 3.4 or higher
- Safari 3.0 or 5.0
- Chrome 25+
The course materials are comprehensive and no textbook is required for completion of the program.
Generally recommended resources (not included in the program fee):