Detailed instruction on the use and application of ICD-10-PCS organized by body system. ICD-10-PCS, Part 3: Coding by Body System will teach you how to code the top 500 procedures performed in U.S. hospitals.
- Complex bypass procedures.
- Devices (putting them in, taking them out, revising them, and special situations such as recalled devices).
- Body part selection not included in the body part key.
- Definitions of the devices and qualifiers unique to each body system during the coding process.
- Differentiating between root operations that are not obvious.
- Study the coding guidelines in detail and learn to apply them to support an accurate code assignment.
- Benefit from an advanced discussion of the root operations and learn to select the correct root operation(s) for a complete case.
- Learn with challenging and thought-provoking case studies carefully selected for each body system.
- Challenge yourself to code accurately and completely with real life examples and scenarios.
- Identify the body parts assigned by ICD-10-PCS to each of the body systems in the medical and surgical section to increase coding speed.
- Provides additional examples, exercises, case studies and coding tips not found within the textbook.
- Educates you with examples and coding practice using actual operative reports.
- Covers difficult topics in an understandable manner.
- Provides many examples with anatomical illustrations and audio/video content.
Purchase separately or as part of the Complete ICD-10-PCS Training Package!
ICD-10-PCS, Part 3: Coding by Body System
Each lesson is organized using the same format:
• Common root operations for the body system
• Unique devices
• Unique qualifiers
• Coding examples for the body system
Lesson 1: Anatomical Regions
Lesson 2: Nervous System
Lesson 3: Sense Organs
Lesson 4: Respiratory System
Lesson 5: Circulatory System
Lesson 6: Gastrointestinal and Hepatobiliary System
Lesson 7: Endocrine and Lymphatic Systems
Lesson 8: Integumentary System
Lesson 9: Muscular System: Muscles, Tendons, Bursae and Ligaments
Lesson 10: Skeletal System: Bones and Joints
Lesson 11: Urinary System
Lesson 12: Male and Female Reproductive System
Special pricing available for groups. Train your entire team!
|How Many In Your Group?
||Group Discount %
||Contact Us for Your Custom Price Quote:
“Lynn Kuehn, in my mind, is the Queen of Coding Education. She has the ability to take a difficult, confusing subject and make it very easily understood.” — Charlotte Bumgarner
“I really enjoyed the course! It definitely cleared up some uncertainties I had in regards to body part selection and the videos were very helpful. Thank you for offering it – it really is a great educational tool!” — Milena D., COC, CIC
“Lynn is an inspirational teacher. She ignites a passion for coding within you!” — Kristen T
“Lynn, your explanations are clear, concise and to the point. Recommend it to any and all. It is a confidence booster!” — Leslie C
“I met Lynn at ICD-10 training. She is a great trainer of ICD-10.” — Linda D., RHIT, CCS
“I consistently learn from Lynn Kuehn. Thank you!”
“Lynn: I look for everything you have on the internet. You have a wonderful concise way of presenting material that is so easy to understand. All of us learn differently and your slides help us ‘Visual learners.’ keep up the great work. I will be ordering your flash cards! Many thanks.”
“I love the ICD-10-PCS An Applied Approach text. It delves into complex material.” — Carole G., RHIT, CCS, Coding Consultant
“Any of Libman Education’s courses are worth time and cost. Always walk away with a useable, clarity or reinforcement of subject matter.”
“Thank you so much! I have enjoyed this training very much.”
“I just wanted to let you know that the articles written by Lynn are a great help. I read them all the time and learn something new each time. Please let her know what a fine job she does.” — Kira G., RHIT, IP Coder III
“Lynn always has a way of getting the information across in a simple, understandable way!” — Janice N.
“Just heard Gail and Lynne’s PCS workshop – fantastic information and terrific speakers!!” — Jacqueline F., RHIT, CCS, DRG Validation Specialist
ICD-10-PCS: An Applied Approach by Lynn Kuehn and Teri Jorwic, published by the American Health Information Management Association. The 2020 edition is available for purchase from AHIMA here and Amazon here.
ICD-10-PCS Code Book – 2020 or students may elect to use electronic files
Root Operation Flash Cards
This set of nine 5×7, laminated, double-sided ICD-10-PCS Root Operations Flash Cards, designed by nationally recognized ICD-10 expert Gail I. Smith, MA, RHIA, CCS-P, prepares you to select the appropriate root operation with confidence.
Approach Decision Tree Flash Cards
The ICD-10-PCS Approach Decision Tree, developed by nationally recognized ICD-10-PCS expert, Lynn Kuehn, is a two-sided, laminated flashcard providing both the approach decision tree plus definitions of the seven different approaches in a handy, easy-to-use format.