The ICD-10-PCS Guidelines course is fully updated for FY2020.
Correct understanding and application of ICD-10-PCS guidelines are essential to anyone concerned with accurate, complete, and defensible coding of inpatient procedures. Using a case study approach, over 25 commonly performed inpatient procedures illustrate the application of multiple guidelines, applied together.
Great for coders new to ICD-10-PCS, Clinical Documentation Improvement Specialists, or anyone interested in knowing more about the guidelines that guide code selection for inpatient procedures. Adherence to these guidelines when assigning ICD-10-PCS procedure codes is required under the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA).
ICD-10-PCS Guidelines: A Case Study Approach provides a comprehensive review of ICD-10-PCS Guidelines and demonstrates how to apply the guidelines in code assignment:
- Using a step-by-step approach, over 25 cases with up to four applicable guidelines each, illustrate how to apply multiple guidelines together
- Documentation is key. Learn how to identify missing information or determine if documentation needs to be clarified by the surgeon prior to code assignment ensuring accurate reporting and reimbursement
- Complex guideline challenges are included
- Spinal surgery, both fusions and release procedures
- Coronary artery bypass procedures using a variety of devices
- Use of Section X codes
- Breast replacement versus transfer reconstruction
- The Control guideline
- Assistance with principal procedure guideline application