ICD-10-PCS: Cardiovascular Procedure Coding enables coders to visualize and understand complicated 3-D cardiovascular structures and then accurately and completely code the intricate surgical procedures performed.
Students who complete this course will be able to:
- Understand and visualize complex three-dimensional cardiovascular procedures in order to code completely and accurately
- Identify the code format, system structure, and design of cardiovascular procedure codes in ICD-10-PCS.
- Understand and apply the cardiovascular-specific Official Guidelines for Coding and Reporting of ICD-10-PCS codes.
- Learn to identify procedure details that support the assignment of the root operations.
- Apply the definitions of the devices and qualifiers unique to cardiovascular procedures.
- Given a case scenario, select the necessary statements to code and apply Official Guidelines for Coding and Reporting to support an accurate code assignment.
By completing this course, you will have the tools necessary for proficiency in ICD-10-PCS coding of Cardiovascular Procedures.
- Learn to identify procedure details that support the assignment of the root operations
- Apply the definitions of the devices and qualifiers unique to cardiovascular procedures
- Course features interactive, explanatory images, audio recordings and video animations by industry experts, detailed explanations of the coding process, and check yourself quizzes to ensure material is being mastered.
- The online and self-paced course integrates materials from Lynn Kuehn and Teri Jorwic’s award winning ICD-10-PCS: An Applied Approach
- Course includes 13 carefully selected sample operative reports illustrating complex and difficult to code cardiovascular procedures, 8 instructional videos, plus other activities from the accompanying text.
- An Anatomy & Physiology refresher on the cardiovascular system drawn from Libman Education’s popular Anatomy & Physiology for Coders course is included in the course. This handy and comprehensive resource is readily available to you while studying these complex procedures.
- and more!
ICD-10-PCS: Orthopedic Procedure Coding provides comprehensive instruction on coding the top orthopedic procedures performed in U.S. hospitals, both simple and complex.
With a special emphasis on difficult-to-code spinal procedures, the list includes:
• Bone Fractures
• Joint Replacement/Arthroplasty (Hip, Knee, Shoulder) Including Coding of a Unicondylar Knee Replacement
• Joint Replacement Revisions: Revision of Hemiarthroplasty of Hip, Revision of Hemiarthroplasty of Knee, Revision of a Patellar Surface Replacement
• Intervertebral Disc Replacement
• Types of Meniscal repair
• Spinal fusion, including: Device and Qualifier Guidance, Bone Grafts, Interbody Fusion, Posterior Fusion, Sacroiliac Joint Fusion
The course focuses on bones and joints only (no muscles, ligaments or tendons) to ensure the coder’s comprehension of this difficult to code body system. The course covers hospital procedures coded using ICD-10-PCS; for training on use of CPT coding see the Libman Education CPT Coding course.
“Lynn is an inspirational teacher. She ignites a passion for coding within you!” — Kristen T
“Lynn, your explanations are clear, concise and to the point. Recommend it to any and all. It is a confidence booster!” — Leslie C
“Any of Libman Education’s courses are worth time and cost. Always walk away with a useable, clarity or reinforcement of subject matter.”
“I just wanted to let you know that the articles written by Lynn are a great help. I read them all the time and learn something new each time. Please let her know what a fine job she does.” — Kira G., RHIT, IP Coder III
“Lynn always has a way of getting the information across in a simple, understandable way!” — Janice N.
“Just heard Gail and Lynne’s PCS workshop – fantastic information and terrific speakers!!” — Jacqueline F., RHIT, CCS, DRG Validation Specialist
ICD-10-PCS: An Applied Approach by Lynn Kuehn and Teri Jorwic, published by the American Health Information Management Association. The 2018 edition is available for purchase here (Amazon) or here (AHIMA).
ICD-10-PCS Code Book, current version (any vendor) or students may elect to use electronic files.