In four lessons, ICD-10-CM for Home Health Providers: Fundamentals of Home Health Coding provides an introduction to ICD-10-CM codes and guidelines; plus specific guidance for assigning codes to diagnoses common in the home health setting.
- Identify the code format, system structure, and design of ICD-10-CM.
- Apply Official Guidelines for Coding and Reporting of ICD-10-CM codes.
- Given a case scenario, select the necessary statements to code and apply Official Guidelines for Coding and Reporting to support an accurate code assignment
- Courses written by Joan L. Usher, BS, RHIA, ACE, a nationally recognized expert in Home Health Coding.
ICD-10-CM for Home Health Providers: Fundamentals of Home Health Coding
The course consists of four lessons. Each lesson takes approximately 60 minutes to complete.
Lesson 1: System Structure and Design
• Code format
• System structure
• Coding building process
• Additional resources in the Index
Lesson 2: ICD-10-CM Coding Guidelines
• Content of the ICD-10-CM Official Guidelines for Coding and Reporting
• Examples to demonstrate the use of the Guidelines
• Application of the Guidelines to coding scenarios
Lesson 3: ICD-10-CM Chapter-Specific Diagnoses
• Common diagnoses including:
• Alzheimer’s disease
• Late effects Sequelae CVA
Lesson 4: Specific Examples for Home Health Care
• Aftercare coding
• Therapy diagnoses
• Wound coding
• And more!
“I tell everyone about Libman. I find that you have a very wide variety of choices in education that is actually needed and not so many things that aren’t really needed and can be mind boggling just trying to sift through it. Your website is well organized and everything offered is so well laid out and very informative as far as what you are getting, what I need and a very thorough write-up on everything offered. I’m so thrilled to have found your site!” — Sharon T
“I truly thank you Libman Group for your wonderful courses that have contributed to my success.” — Leslie Jay Corn, CCS, CPC, CCA/ER Coding Analyst/Boston Medical Center OR LogixHealth
“I’m pleasantly surprised at your response … really didn’t think I would receive anything at all, so, thank you! I believe that alone says a lot for Libman Education. I would recommend you to other coding professionals.” — Jennifer Jones, CPC
“LOVEEE Libman! Very happy with the classes I’ve taken.” — Linda C.
“I love the courses at Libman Education.” — Joanne S., CCS
“Libman has exceeded my expectations so far in every way, with the content of courses, but the hands on with the instructors is one of the best and most genius things to offer! All other companies I’ve seen in my 12 years in this field do not offer this invaluable service with their education. Answers to questions on education content is something that was desperately needed, but to my knowledge, it was/is not offered anywhere else and this is what sets Libman apart from the rest. Also, your high quality education and very knowledgeable instructors.” — coding student
“Any of Libman Education’s courses are worth time and cost. Always walk away with a useable, clarity or reinforcement of subject matter.”
“I greatly appreciate this support and outstanding customer service!” — former student
- ICD-10-CM Code Book, current version (any publisher) or students may elect to use electronic files
- Medical dictionary, any publisher
- Anatomy and physiology reference
- Merck Manual
The optional (but recommended!) Rapid Reference Guide is an easy-to-use coding guide in ICD-10 for common home health diagnoses. Includes PPS worksheet for M items. The Rapid Reference Guide is not included with the course tuition but may be ordered through JLU Health Record Systems.