The ICD-10-CM Guidelines course is fully updated for FY2020.
Correct understanding and application of ICD-10-CM guidelines are essential to anyone concerned with accurate, complete, and defensible coding of diagnoses. Great for coders, Clinical Documentation Improvement Specialists, or anyone interested in knowing more about the guidelines that guide diagnosis code selection.
“ICD-10-CM Official Guidelines for Coding and Reporting” is a set of rules developed to accompany and complement the official conventions and instructions provided within ICD-10-CM. Adherence to these guidelines when assigning ICD-10-CM diagnosis codes is required under the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA).
Libman Education’s ICD-10-CM: Selected Guidelines for Coding and Reporting provides detailed instruction on application of conventions and general guidelines as well as selected guidelines most often misunderstood.
- Conventions for the ICD-10-CM
- General Coding Guidelines
- Chapter 1: Certain Infectious and Parasitic Diseases
- Chapter 2: Neoplasms
- Chapter 9: Diseases of the Circulatory System
- Chapter 15: Pregnancy, Childbirth, and the Puerperium
- Chapter 19: Injury, poisoning, and certain other consequences of external causes
Libman Education’s ICD-10-CM: Selected Guidelines for Coding and Reporting provides a comprehensive review and explanation of select guideline topics to improve understanding and accuracy in application:
- Review of all the guidelines that pertain to the section or chapter
- Commentary explaining application of the guidelines and challenges presented
- Examples from both the Alphabetic Index and Tabular List
- Practice examples demonstrating application of the guidelines
- 5- or 10-question assessment following the lesson to ensure content is being mastered