The ICD-10-CM/PCS Guidelines Package is fully updated for FY2020.
Correct understanding and application of ICD-10-CM/PCS guidelines are essential to anyone concerned with accurate, complete, and defensible coding of diagnoses and inpatient procedures. Adherence to these guidelines when assigning ICD-10-CM diagnosis codes is required under the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA).
The ICD-10-CM/PCS Guidelines Package includes two courses:
ICD-10-CM: Selected Guidelines for Coding and Reporting
Libman Education’s ICD-10-CM: Selected Guidelines for Coding and Reporting provides detailed instruction on application of conventions and general guidelines as well as selected guidelines most often misunderstood.
- Conventions for the ICD-10-CM
- General Coding Guidelines
- Chapter 1: Certain Infectious and Parasitic Diseases
- Chapter 2: Neoplasms
- Chapter 9: Diseases of the Circulatory System
- Chapter 15: Pregnancy, Childbirth, and the Puerperium
- Chapter 19: Injury, poisoning, and certain other consequences of external causes
Libman Education’s ICD-10-CM: Selected Guidelines for Coding and Reporting provides a comprehensive review and explanation of select guideline topics to improve understanding and accuracy in application:
- Review of all the guidelines that pertain to the section or chapter
- Commentary explaining application of the guidelines and challenges presented
- Examples from both the Alphabetic Index and Tabular List
- Practice examples demonstrating application of the guidelines
- 5- or 10-question assessment following the lesson to ensure content is being mastered
ICD-10-PCS Guidelines: A Case Study Approach
ICD-10-PCS Guidelines: A Case Study Approach provides a comprehensive review of ICD-10-PCS Guidelines and demonstrates how to apply the guidelines in code assignment:
- Using a step-by-step approach, over 25 cases with up to four applicable guidelines each, illustrate how to apply multiple guidelines together
- Documentation is key. Learn how to identify missing information or determine if documentation needs to be clarified by the surgeon prior to code assignment ensuring accurate reporting and reimbursement
- Complex guideline challenges are included
- Spinal surgery, both fusions and release procedures
- Coronary artery bypass procedures using a variety of devices
- Use of Section X codes
- Breast replacement versus transfer reconstruction
- The Control guideline
- Assistance with principal procedure guideline application
Unlimited course access during a 20 week enrollment period.