ICD-10-CM: Injury, Poisoning and Certain Other Consequences of External Causes and External Causes of Morbidity and Factors Influencing Health Status provides detailed instruction on coding of conditions in Chapters 19 and 20 of the ICD-10-CM code set. Course includes chapter-specific guidelines for assignment of codes and tips for navigating the table for drugs and chemicals.
ICD-10-CM: Injury, Poisoning and Certain Other Consequences of External Causes and External Causes of Morbidity and Factors Influencing Health Status is included in ICD-10-CM: Introduction to Diagnosis Coding, a comprehensive program on the structure, function, and application of ICD-10-CM organized by body system.
Injury, Poisoning and Certain Other Consequences of External Causes
- Apply the ICD-10-CM Official Guidelines for Coding and Reporting for accurate coding and sequencing of Chapter 19, Injury, poisoning and certain other consequences of external causes (S00-T88) in the ICD-10-CM codebook
- Differentiate the types of fractures
- Differentiate among abrasions, contusions, superficial and complex injuries
- Explain the use and application of the 7th character for injuries
- Fracture 7th characters A, D and S explanation
- A initial
- D subsequent
- S sequela
- How to determine principal or first-listed diagnosis
- Superficial injuries at fracture site
- Traumatic fractures
- Multiple fractures
- Fracture and osteoporosis
- Open or closed fractures
- Displaced or non-displaced fracture
- Malunion/nonunion fracture
- Burns by degree
- Sequencing of burns
- Nonhealing burns
- Necrosis of burn
- Rule of nines
- Adverse Effect
- Toxic Effect
- Pain due to medical devices
- Complications or rejections of transplant organ
- Kidney transplant complication
External causes of morbidity
- Apply the ICD-10-CM Official Guidelines for Coding and Reporting for accurate coding and sequencing of Chapter 20: External causes of morbidity (V00-Y99) in the ICD-10-CM codebook
- Explain the sequencing rules for all external cause codes (V, W, X and Y codes)
- Place of occurrence
- Activity codes
- Hierarchy of external cause codes
- Child abuse
- Adult abuse
- Sequela (late effects)
- Work Status
- Military status
- Non-military status
The level of effort to complete this course, start to finish, is equivalent to 1 CEU and should take you approximately 1-3 hours to complete. Remember: You have access to the course materials for the full 4-week enrollment period and we encourage you to re-review any materials that are helpful to you.
Certificate of Completion
Upon successful completion of the course work, student will be able to download a Libman Education Certificate of Completion. The Certificate of Completion will list the course as awarding 1 CEU.
AHIMA: 1 CEU
This course has been approved for continuing education units (CEUs) for use in fulfilling the continuing education requirements of the American Health Information Management Association (AHIMA). Granting prior approval from AHIMA does not constitute endorsement of the program content or its program sponsor.
AAPC: 1 CEU
This program has the prior approval of AAPC for continuing education hours. Granting of prior approval in no way constitutes endorsement by AAPC of the program content or the program sponsor.
Special pricing available for groups. Train your entire team!
|How Many In Your Group? ||Group Discount % |
|1 ||Retail Price |
|2-4 ||5% Discount |
|5-20 ||10% Discount |
|21+ ||Contact Us for Your Custom Price Quote: |
“I truly thank you Libman Group for your wonderful courses that have contributed to my success.” — Leslie Jay Corn, CCS, CPC, CCA/ER Coding Analyst/Boston Medical Center OR LogixHealth
“I’m pleasantly surprised at your response … really didn’t think I would receive anything at all, so, thank you! I believe that alone says a lot for Libman Education. I would recommend you to other coding professionals.” — Jennifer Jones, CPC
“Thank you! Your company provides outstanding service and we appreciate it!” — Jim Herren, RHIA, CCS, Parkland Health & Hospital System
“LOVEEE Libman! Very happy with the classes I’ve taken.” — Linda C.
“I love the courses at Libman Education.” — Joanne S., CCS
“Any of Libman Education’s courses are worth time and cost. Always walk away with a useable, clarity or reinforcement of subject matter.”
“I greatly appreciate this support and outstanding customer service!” — former student