HIPAA Privacy & Security: Workforce Training for Business Associates is designed to educate Business Associates on specifics of HIPAA privacy and security requirements for all parties handling patient health information.
- Surveys the privacy and security regulations — including the requirements outlined in the Health Information Technology for Economic and Clinical Health (HITECH) Act and the Omnibus Final Rule tailored for Business Associates and their Subcontractors.
- Addresses the most recent breach notification requirements — along with real life examples of HIPAA violations.
- Allows you to demonstrate your knowledge and understanding of HIPAA via a final assessment.
The HIPAA Privacy & Security Workforce Training for Business Associates course
- Helps you to ensure that a patient’s health information remains confidential by reviewing important points and best practices necessary for compliance.
- Meets Business Associate (BA) HIPAA workforce training requirements for new hires and annual training.
- Provides Covered Entity with proof of the Business Associate’s HIPAA workforce training.
- Provides students with training in a broad range of HIPAA information for managing HIPAA compliance.
Who are Business Associates?
The HIPAA Privacy Rule defines Business Associates as any person or organization that conducts business with a covered entity that involves the use or disclosure of individually identifiable health information. Covered Entity refers to three specific groups: health plans, health care clearinghouses, and health care providers that transmit health information electronically. Examples of Business Associates include those that perform services on behalf of the covered entity or those who provide services to the covered entity.