Courses available for individual purchase or purchase both courses together and save!
This two course bundle will help Coders, Clinical Documentation Improvement Specialists and other key actors in the hospital revenue cycle understanding the complexities of the healthcare reimbursement system and their role in ensuring accurate and appropriate reimbursement for both inpatient and outpatient services.
- How and when to apply HCPCS codes
- Applying the appropriate coding guidelines for hospital outpatient reporting
- Identifying OPPS reporting requirements
- How to review and resolve coding edits such as Correct Coding Initiative (CCI) and Outpatient Code Editor (OCE)
- How to differentiate various coverage determinations
- How to assign appropriate modifiers
- Recognize key definitions and features of the Medicare Severity-Diagnosis Related Groups (MS-DRGs) and All Patient Refined DRGs (APR) systems
- Verify DRG assignment based on Inpatient Prospective Payment System (IPPS) definitions
- Evaluate the impact of code selection on Diagnosis Related Group (DRG) assignment
- Assign the present on admission (POA) indicator
- Identify features of the Medicare Code Editor (MCE)
- Recall the impact of assignment of the discharge disposition
Unlimited course access during enrollment period. Enrollment period for Fundamentals of Reimbursement: Hospital Services is 5 weeks.