This accelerated course is designed to help you to meet the challenge of assigning Evaluation and Management (E/M) codes quickly and accurately for professional and facility billing. Begin with the basics and learn code assignment step-by-step in just six lessons. Very little coding knowledge is required, just a working knowledge of medical terminology.
Students who take E/M Coding: Evaluation and Management Coding for Professional Fee Services will:
- Understand the 1995 and 1997 E/M documentation guidelines.
- Learn to select the correct level of code based on the provider work performed.
- Maximize accuracy and save time by streamlining the documentation process.
- Ensure compliance with E/M guidelines for all patient encounters.
- Prevent systematic under-coding or over-coding of services.
- Ensure accurate coding leading to correct reimbursement.
Who should take this course? E/M Coding: Evaluation and Management Coding for Professional Fee Services assumes very little coding knowledge and requires only knowledge of medical terminology. The course is appropriate for:
- Physicians and physician office staff including billers, coders, practice managers, and medical assistants. Learn to accurately assign E/M levels for professional billing. Office staff will develop new coding skills and competencies invaluable to the practice.
- Hospital outpatient coders who assign both facility and professional fee codes for the same service. Learn how to assign an E/M level based on professional fee documentation guidelines.
- Coders responsible for assigning professional fee codes for Outpatient and Emergency Department services
- Also valuable for coders who assign professional fee codes for Hospitalists
- Compliance professionals who need to validate the selection of E/M codes by coding staff or physicians. Gain an invaluable management perspective critical to your organization’s success.