E/M Coding for Professional Fee Services is designed to help you meet the challenge of assigning E/M codes quickly and accurately for professional and facility billing.
E/M Coding for Professional Fee Services guides you through all of the changes to E/M for 2021, taking note of key concepts and definitions, breaking down the new documentation requirements, and providing numerous examples and case studies to hone the skills needed to make critical coding decisions.
- Master the new documentation requirements
- Apply coding guidelines for the use of the new prolonged service codes
- Operationalize the E/M rules for application by providers
- Understand the impact of provider’s choice of reporting E/M codes by “time” or “medical decision-making”
- Quantify the cognitive process of caring for a patient
- Compare and contrast documentation guidelines for 1995 and 1997 for non-office visits
- Navigate through the AMA Audit and Medicare Audit sheets
Plus! Apply what you learn! Course provides numerous examples and case studies to apply the changes and their impact on provider documentation.
Evaluation and Management Coding for Professional Fee Services
- Introduction to E/M Coding, the history of the system and the basics
- Office/Outpatient Services
- The History Component
- The Examination Component
- The Medical Decision Making Component
- How to use the key components in selecting E/M codes, along with time-based code assignment
- Additional E/M Code Concepts including medical team conferences, care plan oversight, newborn care, psychiatric collaborative care management, transitional care management, advanced care management, general behavioral health integration care management, non-face-to-face services, prolonged care, chronic care coordination, basic life and/or disability, work-related or disability, modifiers for E/M
The level of effort to complete this course, start to finish, is equivalent to 4 CEUs and should take you approximately 4-12 hours to complete. Remember: You have access to the course materials for the full 16-week enrollment period and we encourage you to re-review any materials that are helpful to you.
Certificate of Completion
Upon successful completion of the course work, student will be able to download a Libman Education Certificate of Completion.
AHIMA: 6 CEUs
This course has been approved for continuing education units (CEUs) for use in fulfilling the continuing education requirements of the American Health Information Management Association (AHIMA). Granting prior approval from AHIMA does not constitute endorsement of the program content or its program sponsor.
AAPC: 4 CEUs
This program has the prior approval of AAPC for continuing education hours. Granting of prior approval in no way constitutes endorsement by AAPC of the program content or the program sponsor.
Special pricing available for groups. Train your entire team!
|How Many In Your Group? ||Group Discount % |
|1 ||Retail Price |
|2-4 ||5% Discount |
|5-20 ||10% Discount |
|21+ ||Contact Us for Your Custom Price Quote: |
“So glad to hear that Gail will be leading this course. She is an exceptional educator.” — HIM Practitioner, on Gail’s course CPT: Introduction to Procedural Coding
“I have completed the CPT update course and loved it. Pairing the audio with the visual works well for my learning style. It was well worth the money for me to spend. Much better than the quickie, run-through-everything-in-an-hour CEU offerings work allows us.” — Karin A., MPS, RHIT, CPC-I, CPC, CMA, PBT, Professional Coding Quality Specialist, on Gail’s course CPT® Code Updates
“by the way, Gail’s course is great, I am enjoying!” — HIM Director on Gail’s course ICD-10-CM for Coding Professionals
“I recently completed the CPT Update for 2017. I thought it was a wonderful course. It is so important as a coder that I know and understand the changes each year. This course was very helpful to me.” — Marcelette on Gail’s course CPT® Code Updates
“Gail Smith is one of my favorite resources, the work that your team is doing is outstanding and professional, Thanks again, for your help” — HIM Coder
“I truly thank you Libman Group for your wonderful courses that have contributed to my success.” — Leslie Jay Corn, CCS, CPC, CCA/ER Coding Analyst/Boston Medical Center OR LogixHealth
“I’m pleasantly surprised at your response … really didn’t think I would receive anything at all, so, thank you! I believe that alone says a lot for Libman Education. I would recommend you to other coding professionals.” — Jennifer Jones, CPC
“LOVEEE Libman! Very happy with the classes I’ve taken.” — Linda C.
“Any of Libman Education’s courses are worth time and cost. Always walk away with a useable, clarity or reinforcement of subject matter.”
“I greatly appreciate this support and outstanding customer service!” — former student