Prepare for AAPC’s Certified Risk Adjustment Coder (CRC) credential with CRC Exam Review: Fundamentals of HCC Coding. This online, self-paced course provides in-depth content specific to the exam’s requirements plus additional instruction essential to the work of the HCC coder.
Demonstrate your expertise in HCC coding with the CRC credential! Providers and Hospitals need individuals with in-depth knowledge and command of the HCC system to ensure coding is accurate, supported by documentation, and that reimbursement is appropriate.
Holders of the CRC credential are required to possess clear understanding of guidelines, regulations, diagnosis coding, and risk adjustment. HCC coding for risk adjustment requires coders to help ensure documentation is complete and sufficient to document thoroughly all diagnoses for chronic diseases in the medical record. This course provides excellent CRC preparation and more!
- Go beyond just diagnoses – really understand the methodology behind HCCs
- Learn how to use problem lists, past medical history, and medication lists to identify all the HCC codes for every encounter
- Put on your CDI ‘hat’ and work with providers to ensure complete and thorough documentation to support HCC diagnoses
- Identify HCC-specific coding guidance for the coding professionals on your team
- Learn how HCC diagnoses impact the calculation of the risk adjustment factor and the resulting reimbursement for your facility
- Support the efforts of the hospital contracting team to ensure appropriate and fair reimbursement
- Effectively manage the impact of external auditors