Purchase along with ICD-10-CM Code Update as a discounted bundle and receive detailed explanations of complex coding concepts from nationally recognized coding educators Lynn Kuehn and Gail I. Smith. Learn more here.
Libman Education’s CPT® Update for FY 2019 provides a systematic and comprehensive approach to learning. CPT® Update, by nationally recognized coding expert Gail I. Smith, provides thorough preparation for the important coding changes effective January 1, 2019.
CPT® Update for FY 2019 features:
- Biopsy of Lesions: CPT has greatly expanded the skin biopsy section with guidelines about reporting. The update provides clinical descriptions, coding examples and a chance to practice. When do you use these codes and when do you not?
- Cardiovascular Changes: Overview of new and revised codes, such as Leadless Pacemakers, Cardiac Rhythm Monitor, Aortic Hemiarch Graft and PICC lines. This section has anatomic images and procedures explained in plain language.
- Percutaneous Gastrostomy Tube: New language surrounding with or without revision. What constitutes a revision?
- Urinary System- New dilation codes clinically explained.
- Where did my code go? Review of some of the codes that disappeared in 2019.
- Last but not least: What is the ‘state of the union’ with E/M codes and what are the possibilities for future coding changes?
What makes Libman Education’s CPT® Update special?
- A narrated tour of what is new and different with insights and visuals to support coding decisions
- Training includes decision trees for a snapshot of the revisions and driving forces for coding selection
- Self-assessment quizzes throughout the course for individual learning
- Anatomical clip-art and video to provide a better in-depth understanding of code descriptions