Purchase along with ICD-10-CM Code Update as a discounted bundle and receive detailed explanations of complex coding concepts from nationally recognized coding educators Lynn Kuehn and Gail I. Smith. Learn more here.
Libman Education’s CPT Update for FY 2019 provides a systematic and comprehensive approach to learning. CPT Update, by nationally recognized coding expert Gail I. Smith, provides thorough preparation for the important coding changes effective January 1, 2019.
CPT Update for FY 2019 features:
- Biopsy of Lesions: CPT has greatly expanded the skin biopsy section with guidelines about reporting. The update provides clinical descriptions, coding examples and a chance to practice. When do you use these codes and when do you not?
- Cardiovascular Changes: Overview of new and revised codes, such as Leadless Pacemakers, Cardiac Rhythm Monitor, Aortic Hemiarch Graft and PICC lines. This section has anatomic images and procedures explained in plain language.
- Percutaneous Gastrostomy Tube: New language surrounding with or without revision. What constitutes a revision?
- Urinary System- New dilation codes clinically explained.
- Where did my code go? Review of some of the codes that disappeared in 2019.
- Last but not least: What is the ‘state of the union’ with E/M codes and what are the possibilities for future coding changes?
What makes Libman Education’s CPT Update special?
- A narrated tour of what is new and different with insights and visuals to support coding decisions
- Training includes decision trees for a snapshot of the revisions and driving forces for coding selection
- Self-assessment quizzes throughout the course for individual learning
- Anatomical clip-art and video to provide a better in-depth understanding of code descriptions