Core Coding Skills for the Professional Fee Coder
Core Coding Skills for the Professional Fee Coder provides the essential workforce training necessary for an entry-level ProFee coder. Learn the primary coding systems used to capture physician and other provider services (ICD-10-CM and CPT) to ensure accurate and complete coding. Start your career today!
CEUs: 30.5 30.5 AHIMA 30 AAPC
Price per person. Group rates available.
Core Coding Skills for the Professional Fee Coder provides the essential workforce training necessary for an entry-level ProFee coder. Learn the primary coding systems used to capture physician and other provider services (ICD-10-CM and CPT) to ensure accurate and complete coding.
- Introduction to the Health Information Management function
- Essential training in the primary coding systems used to capture physician and other provider services:
- ICD-10-CM for diagnoses
- CPT for professional fee services
The program consists of Libman Education’s exclusive materials and may be taken sequentially or concurrently. Start the learning today with these online, self-paced courses available 24/7; the 32-week enrollment period provides ongoing access to complex training materials.
Interested in hospital coding? Core Coding Skills for the Hospital Coder provides the essential workforce training necessary for an entry-level hospital coder. Learn the primary coding systems used in hospitals (ICD-10-CM; ICD-10-PCS; and CPT) plus hands-on, real-world practical experience in accurate and complete coding.
The program consists of Libman Education’s exclusive materials. Courses may be taken sequentially or concurrently.
Principles of Health Information Management – Introduction to the HIM function in hospitals including the structure and use of health information, health record data management, health record documentation, healthcare delivery systems, and regulatory and compliance issues.
ICD-10-CM: Diagnosis Coding – ICD-10-CM is used by hospitals, physicians, insurance companies, data analysts, and others to describe patient conditions. This foundational course introduces the structure, function, and application of ICD-10-CM.
CPT: Procedural Coding – Provides a unique approach to mastering CPT coding. Breaking it down to three steps of progressive learning: gain foundational understanding of the CPT coding system and its unique attributes; learn how CPT coding accurately captures procedures in the different body systems; and practice your new CPT skills on real-world procedural cases.
ICD-10-CM: Outpatient Guidelines – provides detailed instruction on application of conventions and general guidelines as well as selected outpatient guidelines to ensure accurate, complete, and defensible coding of diagnoses. Features outpatient-related advice from recent issues of Coding Clinic.
CPT and HCPCS Level II Modifiers – Understanding the proper application of modifiers is essential to correct and complete CPT coding of physician services. This course covers commonly used CPT and HCPCS Level II modifiers and provides examples of how these modifiers are used in reporting physician services.
Medical record coders require foundational knowledge in certain key areas: anatomy, physiology, medical terminology, pharmacology, and pathophysiology. Course work in these topics is essential prior to commencing a program of study in coding.
The Libman Education Medical Coding Foundational Skills program equips coders with the knowledge needed for a successful medical record coding career (additional fee applies). The Medical Coding Foundational Skills program consists of four carefully selected courses:
- Introduction to Anatomy and Physiology – Understanding Anatomy and Physiology is foundational to medical record coding and other healthcare disciplines. This complete and interactive online course, developed by Libman Education utilizing the online resources of Cengage Learning, explores the anatomical structures and physiology of the human body. Each body system is discussed in detail.
- Introduction to Medical Terminology – This complete and interactive online course, developed by Libman Education utilizing the online resources of Cengage Learning, explores the language used by medical professionals to accurately describe the human body and associated components, conditions, processes and procedures. Understanding commonly used medical terminology is foundational to medical record coding and other healthcare disciplines.
- Introduction to Pharmacology – Introduction to Pharmacology, developed by Libman Education utilizing the online resources of Cengage Learning, is a complete and interactive online course offering a primer on the principles and basics of pharmacology, introducing students to the principles of clinical application, including basic pharmacokinetics, dosage forms, and drug administration.
- Introduction to Pathophysiology – Pathophysiology explores the function and symptoms of diseased organs for purposes of diagnosis and patient care. This complete and interactive online course, developed by Libman Education utilizing the online resources of Cengage Learning, is foundational to the work of medical record coders.
The level of effort to complete this course bundle, start to finish, is equivalent to 30.5 CEUs and should take you approximately 30.5-91.5 hours to complete. Remember: You have access to the course materials for the full 32-week enrollment period and we encourage you to re-review any materials that are helpful to you.
Certificate of Completion
Upon successful completion of each course in the bundle, student will be able to download a Libman Education Certificate of Completion. The combined Certificates of Completion for the entire bundle will total 35.5 CEUs.
AHIMA: 30.5 CEUs
This program has been approved for continuing education units (CEUs) for use in fulfilling the continuing education requirements of the American Health Information Management Association (AHIMA). Granting prior approval from AHIMA does not constitute endorsement of the program content or its program sponsor.
AAPC: 30 CEUs
This program has the prior approval of AAPC for continuing education hours. Granting of prior approval in no way constitutes endorsement by AAPC of the program content or the program sponsor.
- WebinarPlus™ multimedia and interactive online course promotes engagement with challenging materials while offering independent self-study.
- Teaching methods including audio and video files, diagrams, and animations to accommodate different learning styles. Where appropriate, the Merck Manual Professional Version supplements course materials with in-depth descriptions of diagnoses and/or procedures.
- Knowledge checks and/or final assessment ensure mastery of material.
- Online Flexibility! Materials available via secure Learning Management System (LMS). Work at your own pace — save time and travel costs.
- Earn Libman Education Certificate of Completion and CEUs.
- To receive CEU credit, students must achieve a passing rate on the course assessment(s).
- Course is self-paced. For planning purposes, assume 1-3 hours required for each CEU.
- Unlimited course access during enrollment period. For courses offering greater than one CEU, enrollment period is 16 weeks. For courses offering one or fewer CEUs, enrollment period is 4 weeks. Courses purchased as a bundle or package may have a longer enrollment period.
- Extensions to the enrollment period are available. Contact Libman Education for pricing.
- Financing available through PayPal Credit.
- Price listed is per person/per course. Group rates available upon request.
Angela Gerbert, BS, CCS, CDIP, CIC, COC, Approved-Instructor
Angela Gerbert applies a hands-on approach to her role as the Director of Education for Libman Education. Whether overseeing the work of subject matter experts including nationally recognized coding authorities; challenging instructional designers to deliver content in a way that is both engaging and memorable; or tapping her 25 years’ experience in inpatient, outpatient, and emergency room coding to write coder-friendly courses herself, Angela is responsible for ensuring that our training is accurate, easily accessible, and challenging.
Angela enjoys working individually with current students to answer their questions regarding course content and with prospective students to identify the appropriate curriculum to support their career objectives. Angela believes in the transformational power of education to help individuals achieve their personal and career goals and for organizations to achieve operating success.
Angela holds a bachelor’s degree in Healthcare Management and holds Certified Coding Specialist, Certified Documentation Improvement Practitioner from AHIMA as well as the Certified Inpatient Coder, Certified Outpatient Coder, and the Certified Professional Coder Instructor certifications from AAPC.
“I truly thank you Libman Group for your wonderful courses that have contributed to my success.” — Leslie Jay Corn, CCS, CPC, CCA/ER Coding Analyst/Boston Medical Center OR LogixHealth
“The quality of the courses that Libman presents is excellent” — Pamela S., RN, BSN, MSN, CCDS, Director, Clinical Documentation Improvement, Sharp Healthcare
“I tell everyone about Libman. I find that you have a very wide variety of choices in education that is actually needed and not so many things that aren’t really needed and can be mind boggling just trying to sift through it. Your website is well organized and everything offered is so well laid out and very informative as far as what you are getting, what I need and a very thorough write-up on everything offered. I’m so thrilled to have found your site!” — Sharon T
“LOVEEE Libman! Very happy with the classes I’ve taken.” — Linda C.
“I love the courses at Libman Education.” — Joanne S., CCS
“Libman has exceeded my expectations so far in every way, with the content of courses, but the hands on with the instructors is one of the best and most genius things to offer! All other companies I’ve seen in my 12 years in this field do not offer this invaluable service with their education. Answers to questions on education content is something that was desperately needed, but to my knowledge, it was/is not offered anywhere else and this is what sets Libman apart from the rest. Also, your high quality education and very knowledgeable instructors.” — coding student