The Certified Outpatient Coder (COC) Exam Review is an online course designed to prepare you for the COC™ Certification Exam offered by AAPC. The COC™ coding certification demonstrates proficiency in assigning accurate ICD-10-CM, CPT® and HCPCS Level II codes for diagnoses, procedures and services performed in the hospital outpatient setting.
The COC Exam Review offers a comprehensive review of materials covered on the COC™ credential exam including helping the student improve in:
- Proficiency in assigning accurate medical codes for diagnoses, procedures and services performed in the outpatient setting (emergency department visits, outpatient clinic visits, same day surgeries, diagnostic testing [radiology and laboratory], and outpatient therapies including physical therapy, occupational therapy, speech therapy and chemotherapy).
- Proficiency across a wide range of services, which include evaluation and management, anesthesia, surgical services, radiology, pathology and medicine
- Knowledge of current coding rules and regulations on issues regarding medical coding, compliance and reimbursement under outpatient grouping systems.
- Understanding the importance of updating coding and reimbursement rule changes in a timely manner to include the Charge Description Master (CDM).
- Knowledge of anatomy, physiology and medical terminology commensurate with ability to correctly code provider services and diagnoses.
- A working knowledge in the assignment of ICD-10-CM, CPT®, and HCPCS Level II codes, and related modifiers.
Exam Discount Available
Students in this Libman Education course are eligible to receive a student discount on the AAPC COC™ examination. The retail price is $380; the student discount price is $300.
• Multimedia and interactive online course offering independent self-study combined with instructor support. Students may contact or email course content questions to their instructor, or request a consultation with the instructor to facilitate course completion.
• Knowledge checks and assessments throughout the course as well as a practice exam to improve knowledge and test taking skills.
• Online Flexibility! Materials available 24/7. Work at your own pace — save time and travel costs.
• Earn Certificate of Completion and CEUs.
• To receive CEU credit, students must achieve a passing rate on the course assessment(s).
• Course is self-paced. For planning purposes, assume 1-3 hours required for each CEU.
• Unlimited course access during enrollment period. For courses offering greater than one CEU, enrollment period is 16 weeks. For courses offering one or fewer CEUs, enrollment period is 4 weeks.
• Extensions to the enrollment period are available. Contact Libman Education for pricing.
• Financing available through PayPal Credit.
• Price listed is per person/per course. Group rates available upon request.
Angela Lehoux, BS, CCS, CDIP, CIC, COC, CPC-I
Angela Lehoux is a coder with 25 years of experience in inpatient, outpatient and emergency room coding; an instructor and education specialist for Libman Education courses; and Director of Training and Operations for Libman Education where she is responsible for ensuring that our training is accurate, easily accessible, and challenging. Angela believes in the transformational power of education to help individuals achieve their personal and career goals and for institutions to achieve operating success. She develops and reviews course content and is the teacher for Libman Education’s Medical Coder Career Program (MCCP), courses on ICD-10-CM and ICD-10-PCS, and review courses for the CCA, CCS, CIC, and COC™ credentials. Angela holds a bachelor’s degree in Healthcare Management.
Sandy Macica, MS, RHIA, CCS
Sandy L. Macica is the Director of Educational Content for Libman Education. Most recently, Sandy was Coding Content Manager for Elsevier and brings with her a commitment to coding education which is dynamic, correct, and crucial to the success of both individual coders and their employers. Sandy is an experienced educator and coder with particular experience in developing online training for hospital coders in ICD-10-CM, ICD-10-PCS, and CPT® coding as well as coding certification exam preparation. Sandy is an enthusiastic presenter on all things coding and often speaks on complex coding topics for professional organizations and healthcare clients. Sandy is a long-time member of New York HIMA and was honored to receive the NYHIMA Distinguished Member Award in 2018.
“I am currently halfway through the COC program. It is the most comprehensive program I have seen. I have been an outpatient coder for 8+ years and this has answered many of my questions I have had throughout my career. I have been sharing your education site with many coworkers. You have the best training programs. Thank you!” — Pamela N., RHIT, CCS
“I just wanted to let you know that I did take the COC exam on the 27th. I just received my test results and I passed! So very happy and thankful for Libman Education.” — Sara B.
“Sandy gave us a great review presentation! While studying for the CCS seems daunting, I definitely feel more prepared to begin my studying and review for this test.” — testimonial on Sandy’s CCS Review presentation for MAHIMA
“Sandy did excellent. I found her presentation very informative and she was very knowledgeable.” — testimonial on Sandy’s CCS Review presentation for MAHIMA
“Thank you for all your help. Your team has always been open and dependable for clear advice and guidance. … [Y]our group has always shown they care about the student.” – former student
“I truly thank you Libman Group for your wonderful courses that have contributed to my success.” — Leslie Jay Corn, CCS, CPC, CCA/ER Coding Analyst/Boston Medical Center OR LogixHealth
“I greatly appreciate this support and outstanding customer service!” — former student
Required code books include:
Other recommended resources:
- Medical dictionary, any publisher
- Anatomy and physiology reference
- Merck Manual