The Certified Outpatient Coder (COC) Exam Review is an online course designed to prepare you for the COC Certification Exam offered by AAPC. The COC coding certification demonstrates proficiency in assigning accurate ICD-10-CM, CPT® and HCPCS Level II codes for diagnoses, procedures and services performed in the hospital outpatient setting.
The COC Exam Review offers a comprehensive review of materials covered on the COC credential exam including helping the student improve in:
- Proficiency in assigning accurate medical codes for diagnoses, procedures and services performed in the outpatient setting (emergency department visits, outpatient clinic visits, same day surgeries, diagnostic testing [radiology and laboratory], and outpatient therapies including physical therapy, occupational therapy, speech therapy and chemotherapy).
- Proficiency across a wide range of services, which include evaluation and management, anesthesia, surgical services, radiology, pathology and medicine
- Knowledge of current coding rules and regulations on issues regarding medical coding, compliance and reimbursement under outpatient grouping systems.
- Understanding the importance of updating coding and reimbursement rule changes in a timely manner to include the Charge Description Master (CDM).
- Knowledge of anatomy, physiology and medical terminology commensurate with ability to correctly code provider services and diagnoses.
- A working knowledge in the assignment of ICD-10-CM, CPT®, and HCPCS Level II codes, and related modifiers.