Join our waitlist to be notified when the Libman Education CIC Exam Review is available.
The Certified Inpatient Coder (CIC) Exam Review is an online course designed to prepare you for the CIC Certification Exam offered by AAPC. The CIC coding certification demonstrates proficiency in assigning accurate ICD-10-CM and ICD-10-PCS for diagnoses and procedures performed in the inpatient setting.
The CIC Exam Review – ICD-10 offers a comprehensive review of materials covered on the CIC credential exam:
- Medical record review to abstract information required to support accurate inpatient coding
- Assignment of ICD-10-CM and ICD-10-PCS medical codes for diagnoses and procedures performed in the inpatient setting
- Current rules, regulations, and issues regarding medical coding, compliance, and reimbursement under MS-DRG and IPPS systems
- Integration of coding and reimbursement rule changes to include updating the Charge Description Master, fee updates, and field locators on the UB04
- Anatomy, physiology, and medical terminology required to correctly code facility services and diagnoses
- Outpatient reimbursement methodologies (OPPS)
Exam Discount Available
Students in this Libman Education course are eligible to receive a student discount on the AAPC CIC examination. The retail price is $380; the student discount price is $300. On completion of the course you will be provided with the “Student Exam Discount Code” to use when purchasing the certification exam from AAPC.
• Multimedia and interactive online course offering independent self-study combined with instructor support. Students may contact or email course content questions to their instructor, or request a consultation with the instructor to facilitate course completion.
• Knowledge checks and assessments throughout the course as well as a practice exam to improve knowledge and test taking skills.
• Online Flexibility! Materials available 24/7. Work at your own pace — save time and travel costs.
• Earn Certificate of Completion and CEUs.
• To receive CEU credit, students must achieve a passing rate on the course assessment(s).
• Course is self-paced. For planning purposes, assume 1-3 hours required for each CEU.
• Unlimited course access during enrollment period. For courses offering greater than one CEU, enrollment period is 16 weeks. For courses offering one or fewer CEUs, enrollment period is 4 weeks.
• Extensions to the enrollment period are available. Contact Libman Education for pricing.
• Financing available through PayPal Credit.
• Price listed is per person/per course. Group rates available upon request.
Angela Lehoux, BS, CCS, CDIP, CIC, COC, CPC-I
Angela Lehoux is a coder with 25 years of experience in inpatient, outpatient and emergency room coding; an instructor and education specialist for Libman Education courses; and Director of Training and Operations for Libman Education where she is responsible for ensuring that our training is accurate, easily accessible, and challenging. Angela believes in the transformational power of education to help individuals achieve their personal and career goals and for institutions to achieve operating success. She develops and reviews course content and is the teacher for Libman Education’s Medical Coder Career Program (MCCP), courses on ICD-10-CM and ICD-10-PCS, and review courses for the CCA, CCS, CIC, and COC credentials. Angela holds a bachelor’s degree in Healthcare Management.
Sandy Macica, MS, RHIA, CCS
Sandy L. Macica is the Director of Educational Content for Libman Education. Most recently, Sandy was Coding Content Manager for Elsevier and brings with her a commitment to coding education which is dynamic, correct, and crucial to the success of both individual coders and their employers. Sandy is an experienced educator and coder with particular experience in developing online training for hospital coders in ICD-10-CM, ICD-10-PCS, and CPT coding as well as coding certification exam preparation. Sandy is an enthusiastic presenter on all things coding and often speaks on complex coding topics for professional organizations and healthcare clients. Sandy is a long-time member of New York HIMA and was honored to receive the NYHIMA Distinguished Member Award in 2018.
“Thank you for all your help. Your team has always been open and dependable for clear advice and guidance. … [Y]our group has always shown they care about the student.” – former student
“I truly thank you Libman Group for your wonderful courses that have contributed to my success.” — Leslie Jay Corn, CCS, CPC, CCA/ER Coding Analyst/Boston Medical Center OR LogixHealth
“I greatly appreciate this support and outstanding customer service!” — former student
“Sandy gave us a great review presentation! While studying for the CCS seems daunting, I definitely feel more prepared to begin my studying and review for this test.” — testimonial on Sandy’s CCS Review presentation for MAHIMA
“Sandy did excellent. I found her presentation very informative and she was very knowledgeable.” — testimonial on Sandy’s CCS Review presentation for MAHIMA
Required textbook and code books:
Other recommended resources:
- Medical dictionary, any publisher
- Anatomy and physiology reference
- Merck Manual