The CCA Mock Exam will help you improve your chance of CCA success! A private, one-on-one mentoring session will identify your areas of strength, determine where you may have weaknesses, and lay out a tailored plan to make the most of your limited CCA preparation time.
- Quick results: Detailed and actionable exam results available within two business days of exam completion.
- Rationales: Results include rationales for any missed questions to identify areas needing additional study.
- Not a quick assessment: Libman Education’s CCA Mock Exam consists of 100 multiple choice questions and closely resembles the structure and format of the actual CCA.
- Real-life feel: Experience the pressure of a timed test so you will be prepared for the pressure of the actual CCA exam.
- Prepare to be successful: Learn study techniques and test-taking strategies demonstrated to help coders succeed.
- One-on-one mentoring with a Libman Education instructor will be scheduled within one week of completing the CCA Mock Exam.
- Flexibility: Online access to the CCA Mock Exam from any computer with internet access. Students will have up to 4 weeks from date of purchase to complete the CCA Mock Exam. (Extensions available for purchase on request.)\
The CCA Mock Exam prepares students for the current (2018) CCA Exam which is available until April 30, 2019.
The CCA Mock Exam will prepare you for CCA Success!
• 100 multiple choice questions similar in complexity to the questions on the actual exam
• Two hours are allowed for completion and you will have only one attempt.
• You will assign codes according to national coding guidelines and not hospital-specific or payer-specific guidelines.
• Just like the exam, code books must be used to complete this exam. An encoder may not be used to complete this assessment.
• You will have an opportunity at the end of the assessment to review all the questions as well as your answers and to make any changes prior to submission for grading.
• The passing score is 75%.
There are lots of mock CCA exams out there; finding one that will really help you prepare for the actual CCA exam is difficult.
Libman Education’s CCA Mock Exam is an important tool used by students to successfully prepare for the CCA credential exam. The mock exam’s goal is twofold: to identify areas of knowledge that require additional study, and to provide a realistically intense test-taking experience.
Add to this the value of the one-hour, one-on-one discussion with a Libman Education instructor. During the mentoring session you will be provided with detailed feedback on your test results and specific guidance to prepare you more effectively for the real exam.
Here is how it works.
Step One: Purchase the CCA Mock Exam
To make the most of the CCA Mock Exam experience, it is recommended you plan to complete the Mock no less than one month prior to the actual exam date to ensure sufficient time to act on the results and recommendations. Students will have up to 4 weeks from date of purchase to complete the CCA Mock Exam. (Extensions available for purchase on request.)
Step Two: Take the CCA Mock Exam
The CCA Mock Exam is online and can be taken from any computer or tablet with internet access. Just like the AHIMA exam, the CCA Mock Exam is a timed test and you will have 2 hours to complete it. Once started, you must complete the exam — you cannot start and stop the exam.
Step Three: Exam Results
Upon completion of the Mock Exam, the exam is graded, the answers reviewed by the instructor, and detailed results provided to the student within 48 hours. The results will include rationales for any missed questions to identify areas needing additional study.
Step Four: One-on-One Mentoring Session
Within one week of completing the CCA Mock, students will be able to schedule a private, one-hour mentoring session with a Libman Education instructor. During this personal, one-on-one meeting, our instructor will
- Answer any questions.
- Identify specific areas requiring additional study.
- Offer helpful tips and suggest test-taking techniques.
- Discuss specific preparation strategies for CCA exam success!
To make the most of the personal, one-on-one mentoring session, it is important to first review the exam results, delve into the rationales to understand why an answer was marked wrong, and prepare questions.
“Thank you for all your help. Your team has always been open and dependable for clear advice and guidance. … [Y]our group has always shown they care about the student.” – former student
“I truly thank you Libman Group for your wonderful courses that have contributed to my success.” — Leslie Jay Corn, CCS, CPC, CCA/ER Coding Analyst/Boston Medical Center OR LogixHealth
“I greatly appreciate this support and outstanding customer service!” — former student