Pinson & Tang, authors of the original CDI Pocket Guide and recognized as the nation’s foremost authorities on best practices in Clinical Documentation Integrity now offer their popular webinars on-demand. Topics are carefully chosen to represent current challenges in documentation integrity and the greatest opportunities for improvement.
CDI On-demand Webinars are replays of Pinson & Tang live interactive educational events offered to coders, CDI specialists, and clinicians. Cynthia Tang and Dr. Richard Pinson take a deep drive into the topic, provide real world case examples, and answer common questions to make you more confident and efficient in your daily practice.
Choose the webinars that best fit your needs.
- Clinical Validation: Explores the guidelines, rules, and realities of clinical validation and the shortcomings of clinical validation queries. Approved for 1.0 AHIMA CEU* which also qualifies for ACDIS CEUs. *CEU hours valid for 12 months from 8/20/20
- COVID-19 New Clinical and Coding Guidelines: With the ever-changing guidelines as we navigate through this crisis, webinar discusses the guidelines for principal diagnosis selection, manifestations and sequelae, and applying these guidelines through illustrative case examples. Approved for 1.0 AHIMA CEU* which also qualifies for ACDIS CEUs. *CEU hours valid for 12 months from 1/21/21
- Complications of Care: Coding complications of care can be challenging, particularly postoperative complications. Webinar presents a consistent approach for accurately assigning complication of care codes based on clinical and coding guidelines with illustrative case examples. Approved for 1.0 AHIMA CEU* which also qualifies for ACDIS CEUs. *CEU hours valid for 12 months from 2/25/21
- Kidney Disease: AKI, ATN, CKD: Discusses Acute Kidney Injury, Acute Tubular Necrosis, and Chronic Kidney Disease. Explains the past history of acute renal failure criteria up to the current AKI, ATN, CKD, and acute on chronic CKD criteria and how to determine the baseline. Learn all about these important diagnoses and participate in actual patient case examples so you’ll be equipped to recognize and clinically validate these diagnoses in your chart reviews. Approved for 1.0 AHIMA CEU* which also qualifies for ACDIS CEUs. *CEU hours valid for 12 months from 12/10/20
- Respiratory Failure: Respiratory Failure is a challenging topic for many! Webinar discusses the diagnostic criteria for acute, chronic, acute on chronic, and postprocedural respiratory failure, blood gas measurements, the P/F ratio, and applies these clinical concepts through actual patient case examples. Approved for 1.5 AHIMA CEUs* which also qualifies for ACDIS CEUs. *CEU hours valid for 12 months from 5/25/21