The ICD-10-CM Skills Assessment measures competency in assigning ICD-10-CM codes to various types of encounters (emergency room, inpatient admissions, outpatient visits, physician office, mental health, and others) to evaluate a coder’s comprehension of diagnosis codes and coding guidelines. Assessment features:
• Gap analysis of strengths and weaknesses to determine future training
• Self-paced secure online learning platform
• Accessible from any browser or tablet
• Detailed student tracking and assessment reporting
• Management option for office and larger group testing
ICD-10-CM Skills Assessment features:
- 40 questions with multiple choice and fill-in-the-blank questions
- 1-5 ICD-10-CM codes are required for complete coding
- Assign codes according to national coding guidelines and not hospital-specific or payer-specific guidelines.
- It is very important to use your code books and not use an encoder in this assessment.
- There is a three-hour time limit on this assessment and you will have only one attempt.
- You will have an opportunity at the end of the assessment to review all the questions as well as your answers and to make any changes prior to submission for grading.
- The passing score is 75%