As HIM professionals plan for their future, education and training are critical to their continued success
BEDFORD, MASSACHUSETTS – June 4, 2020 – Libman Education announced the release of the annual 2020 HIM Professional Census. Over 1400 individuals responded to the online survey which captures the opinions and insights of a diverse group of Health Information Management professionals.
The HIM Professional, the subject of the survey, has a critical role to play in the revenue cycle of our nation’s healthcare organizations providing accurate, complete, and defensible data on the patient’s condition and the services provided. In 2020, as the healthcare industry responded to the extraordinary challenge of the COVID-19 pandemic, our nation’s HIM workforce was resilient and able to perform the work that needed to be done.
Highlights of the 2020 HIM Professional Census include:
- A broad range of individuals with diverse areas of expertise may be counted as HIM professionals.
- The HIM Professional Census respondents are highly skilled and accomplished.
- Healthcare organizations recognize the importance of a well-trained HIM workforce.
- HIM Professionals recognize their personal responsibility in maintaining their skills and being prepared to assume new responsibilities in the future.
- As HIM professionals plan for their future, education and training are critical to their continued success.
- COVID-19 has had a significant impact on the healthcare industry and individual HIM Professionals.
“A better trained staff will provide greater flexibility to their organization to respond to potential staff shortages or other unforeseen changes that may come,” said Susan Pepple, President of Libman Education. “For individual HIM Professionals, up-to-date and enhanced skills means more job security and options for career advancement.”
The 2020 HIM Professional Census results are available for download at https://libmaneducation.com/2020-him-professional-census
About Libman Education
For over a decade, Libman Education has been recognized as the trusted resource providing workforce-ready training on Health Information Management and Medical Record Coding for individual HIM professionals and their employers.
Libman Education offers a catalog of over 60 proprietary online training titles as well as courses written by other education providers carefully selected and curated to be the best. Over 12,000 individuals enroll annually in Libman Education’s WebinarPlus™ self-paced online courses written by leading industry experts.
Our focus is on coding from beginner to advanced (ICD-10-CM, ICD-10-PCS, CPT), as well as coding credential prep (both AHIMA and AAPC), and other topics where in-depth specialized knowledge of relevant coding systems and their application is essential (Auditing, CDI, HIPAA, Reimbursement, Interventional Radiology & Cardiovascular Surgery, Long Term Acute Care, Skilled Nursing Facilities, and Pediatrics).