New Training Curriculum from Libman Education Provides the Essential Training Necessary for an Entry-Level Hospital Coder
BEDFORD, MASSACHUSETTS – July 2, 2020 – Libman Education announces the release of a new curriculum of coder training designed to provide the essential workforce skills necessary for an entry-level hospital coder. Core Coding Skills for the Hospital Coder introduces the student to the primary coding systems used in hospitals (ICD-10-CM; ICD-10-PCS; and CPT) plus hands-on, real-world practical experience in accurate and complete coding.
“Accurate and complete coding is essential to the health of a hospital’s revenue cycle,” said Susan Pepple, President of Libman Education. “Coders interested in pursuing hospital coding positions, and organizations needing to ‘train up’ their coding workforce, need reliable and comprehensive education on the unique challenges facing hospital coders.”
Core Coding Skills for the Hospital Coder consists of Libman Education’s exclusive materials and may be taken sequentially or concurrently.
- Introduction to the Health Information Management function within hospitals
- Essential training in the primary coding systems used in hospitals:
- ICD-10-CM for diagnoses
- ICD-10-PCS for procedures in the hospital setting
- CPT for outpatient hospital services
- Hands-on, real-world practical coding experience in accurate and complete coding:
- Surgical Day Care/Ambulatory Surgery
- Emergency Room
- Laboratory and other Ancillary Services
- Understanding the role of coding in reimbursement
ABOUT LIBMAN EDUCATION
For over a decade, Libman Education has been recognized as the trusted resource providing workforce-ready training on Health Information Management and Medical Record Coding for individual HIM professionals and their employers.
Libman Education offers a catalog of over 60 proprietary online training titles as well as courses written by other education providers carefully selected and curated to be the best. Over 12,000 individuals enroll annually in Libman Education’s WebinarPlus™ self-paced online courses written by leading industry experts.